Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria is showing an "ERR" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have read lots of posts about this going back to 2017. Fitbit - what are you doing about this? My scales stopped working yesterday when I changed the batteries.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I keep getting thinking err message. Since I changed the batteries. It's been going on for months so I haven't used the scale. Want to use it. Can this be fixed or do I need to get a different make and model scale?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Frizby,

There's several codes for various ERR messages, which one specifically do you keep getting?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no code, simply err

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I keep getting thinking err message. Since I changed the batteries. It's been going on for months so I haven't used the scale. Want to use it. Can this be fixed or do I need to get a different make and model scale?

Best Answer

Silence from fitbit on this issue.

I did the same, changed batteries, connected to my new router successfully. Then when I tried the scale, step off, thinking ,ERR.

Piece of crap is going in the bin and I will be buying a new scale from somebody else

Best Answer

I am of the impression that it is software related. It seems to have started with the last software update.  My Aria (original) won’t quit randomly giving the step on, step off, thinking, and ERR messages. Going through batteries like mad

Best Answer

Youre probably correct when I talked with them they were pretty much saying buy their new model. I have another scale same model in storage when I get it I will post if it works. It would be good to know if it writes to a log file we can look at...

Too bad Ive lost confidence in ALL fitbit products...

I now own a Samsung Frontier Watch works GREAT!!!!

I have the Blaze guess I will give it away it works OK but I had problems with the GPS connecting to my phone which they fixed with a new model this company support really sucks!!

It it owned by Google now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just says thinking then ERR no codes at all 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is have received the same message ERR.

Fitbit say it's out of the two year warranty after doing everything stated by them and reconnecting the device back to the WiFi.

Fitbit said it connected 15hrs ago but unable to answer me what it was doing connecting to Fitbit but not weigh me?

Very strange goings on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my aria did the exact same thing........going thru batteries like crazy...now  i cant connect to wifi...just get ERR message.....did you ever get it to work???

Best Answer
0 Votes