Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria is unreliable in its weight measurements

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It often takes several tries to get two measurements that are the same on my Aria scale. If I don't like what the scale says, I just step off and get back on for a new weight. Usually I get a lower reading if I step on with my left foot first. Now, I have had this scale for a year and if I weigh regularly, the general trend line is accurate. Over weeks, I generally know if I am losing or gaining weight. And I don't usually need to know exactly what I weigh. The scale response varies only by a couple of pounds. However, this is the most expensive scale I have ever bought and it fails at its most basic function, measuring weight accurately. I would not buy another one or recommend it to others for this reason.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Yep.

my scales consistently give me different readings throughout the day. At 9:00 it says 192.8 lb. at 3:00 it’s says 196.2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually I am in Australia and the weight can vary up to 1 kg stepping off and on, dependent on foot on exactly the same level hard stone floor. Your answer is simply nonsense. I can even step on it exactly the same way and get different results. Sometimes it says step on, thinking and then quite some time later it comes back with a result, sometimes iI get ERR and sometimes I get an instant read,

this is going in the bin for collection in a few days time. The most expensive useless piece of rubbish I think I have ever purchased. Nothing more from me from Fitbit it. They can’t even get a basic set of bathroom scales correct. BMI I can calculate myself.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned mine and am waiting on the arrival of the WYZE model. Wish me
luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my aria for quite a while now, and with what I've experimented with online and with the scale is that aria ONLY takes into consideration your height and weight...it does not "Measure your BF with electricity" as it states.

I would not purchase a fitbit scale again....spend some money and get a proper one after doing research online.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You do not need to spend a fortune. Check out Renpho scales. They are accurate, consistent and sync with FitBit.

Sent from my iPhone by Henry Lafferty. Mob: +447860788551
The contents of this message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and then delete from your systems,
Best Answer
0 Votes

My first scale was very loved and lasted a long time. Just bought the new scale and it is horrible! I don't care that it doesn't have the Body Fat but I would expect it to weigh correctly. My husband and I have both tested it over the last few days. Step on..5 pounds heavier than yesterday..step off..step back on 10 pounds lighter than the last reading. Today my husband stepped on the scale and was 288 (yesterday it said 296) stepped off waiting and then stepped on and it said 310 LOL there is NO WAY. This was a waste of money!!!! It has new batteries and we have reset it multiple times! So horrible!!!

Best Answer
Switch to Renpho. They are very reliable and consistent, and they sync with FitBit. H
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, this scale now thinks I am my husband,  weight up but fat reduced by 50 percent.  Prior to that we would both need to weigh ourselves 3 times to get an accurate reading.  
i feel this imay be related to no longer syncing since nbn installed.  I have tried fixing that issue separately and been hoping for an update to no avail.  These scales were too expensive to be a throw away product and yet appear unusable.  I thought they were fabulous prior to these issues and would expect Fitbit to have rectified before now.  I have searched the forums for over a year and tried all recommended fixes but no luck.   Appreciate any advice as I.don’t want to bin them.  

Best Answer

3kg of difference between

What scale displays

And

What fitbit gets 🤔🤔🤔 

What is the correct result??? The result displayed on fitbit aria scale or on my mobile??????? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What an absolute load of BS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This can be explained by physical changes — the body's normal functioning. But I know by myself that when a person gets on the platform several times in a row and gets different values, this should alert. In more modern and improved models, vont.com, a voltage sensor is used, through which an electric current is passed. As soon as a person stands on the platform, the sensor is stretched, and the resulting electrical signal displays the changed data on display. In such models, only electronics are used, which often fails. But because of the extensive functionality, such scales are very convenient.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a Renpho scale...1000% easier to set up than fitbit's, more information available, and way more accurate!

Best Answer