Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria not connecting to my Comcast router

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Aria design issue

My aria scale is dropping wifi. Fitbit customer service says that it is a Comcast wifi problem. At my house we have 4 laptops, 2 printers and aria using the IEEE 802.11b 2.4 G. The aria scale is the ONLY one dropping off of wifi. Comcast sent a tech to my house - all equipment is working fine. FITBIT is saying that it is Comcast issue but Comcast is asking me do I have issues with other devices. There are none. FITBIT solution is for me to go to Comcast router WEB and reset IEEE 802.11b off of it's setting and reset back. This does works for one day. Then the aria drops wifi.

I believe the scale has a design issue and the FITBIT should replace my defective produce with one the works or give me a refund. FITBIT said I can purchase aria 2 (which I think does not have the issue) from them and get free shipping. I believe that the scale has a design issue and Fitbit would replace my produce or refund my money.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
112 REPLIES 112

The Key is to clear your browser cache and history. Then after converting to the network settings, it will sync fine.

Best Answer

I found the key to be buying a new scale at about a quarter the price with contemporary wifi technology.  Fitbit's handling of the Aria was plain theft. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FITTESTTTTTTTTT Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I appreciate the workaround that you shared above. Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance and I'll be happy to assist you.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ll try that but I wanna know what Aira you have?  The first Aria or second?

I still don’t know why FitBit isn’t doing much if anything & other users seem to be on the ball.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the first aria. I did the change over for my modems settings and it
worked, once only.

Thanks,

It did work, but only once.  I guess I have to reset the settings for my modem every time I want to weigh myself and have it sink to either of my apps.

Patty

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the first Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried what you suggested but I can’t even get the scale to work at all now.  Thanks anyways.

imma just leave FitBit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn't get Aria scale to connect when I moved to new house with new Xfinity router.  The new router is now managed by Xfinity and only gives me access to very few configuration options, no ability to change between g/n and b/g/n myself, and I just don't want to deal with going through Comcast support to get them to change the router config.  Came up with this workaround.   Warning that this is more convoluted than many users will want to deal with, but if you have an old wifi router lying around and not afraid to get into the router configuration, it's a workaround.

1 - I had an old Netgear wifi router, and still knew the admin username and password.  Connected that directly to my PC with regular ethernet cable.  Logged into the router and configured internet port to use the Xfinity (10.0.0.x) network range.  Configured the 2.4 wireless network to use a different (192.168.0.x) range with only WPA2-PSK [AES] security, password with letters only.  

2 - disconnected the Netgear router from the PC and plugged it into the new XFinity router using crossover cable from ethernet port on Xfinity router to internet port on the old Netgear router.  Netgear connected to internet and is now providing wireless network on 192.168.0.x range, with internet access via the hardwired connection on the Xfinity network range. 

3 - back at my PC connected to the Netgear wifi network and ran fitbit.com/setup, with the Aria scale just inches away from the Netgear router.  Aria finally connected to the Netgear wifi network.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Something like that worked for me- Old Century Link WiFi

Thank You,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I’m a bit confused as to how Fitbit keeps promising a firmware update that will correct this? This issue is a hardware one. You have a 802.11b network card in your device. No firmware in the world is going to make it into an n ? 

The only valid solution I have heard in this thread is to place a b channel router in line with the Comcast router via a wired connection and then set your device to connect to that SSID specifically.

Unless you have invented some new magic I haven’t heard of, you should probably stop promising a programmatic fix to this issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right on

Thank You,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gfk328 I'm sorry for the late response. However, I appreciate your comments and feedback. Once a solution is released, we'll make sure to post it in the Community.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this still a problem? I have literally been waiting for a fix to this for well over a year. Is there ever going to a fix or is that just a line to get us to get off your back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fix is to get a different scale. Whiting connects with xfinity and Fitbit. Got tired of waiting for Fitbit to resolve issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this still an issue? Is the only workaround to not have Comcast or buy a new scale? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
After a year waiting for Fitbit to fix issue I went out and purchased a Withings scale. Works great

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the original Aria. Last month we got a new Comcast gateway and the Aria immediately stopped syncing. Just now I tried the fix posted last year by @patcady and it worked! The steps are a little different with the current Comcast website so, for new folks, here's what I did:

1. Login at www.xfinity.com
  2. Go to https://internet.xfinity.com/network/advanced-settings/radio
  3. Click Edit for 2.4 GHz WiFi
  4. For WiFi mode, select 802.11 b,g,n
  5. Click Apply Changes
  6. Step on your Aria. After it displays your weight, fat percentage, and initials, it will display the sync symbol, then, finally, a check mark indicating that it has synced successfully.

Caveat: I just did this today so I don't know for sure whether the fix will stick, but I am hopeful since it seemed to work for others on this forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried this and it worked for a few times, but now only syncs intermittently.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a new Xfinity router and experiencing this issue. The suggested fix must work for some routers but not others. Mine simply does not seem to support 802.11b, only 11g and 11n on the 2.4GHz band. That is messed up on Comcast's part. Why not support all protocols (11a/b/g/n/ac) on both frequency bands? There's simply no justification. It's beyond me, knowing that the chipset they have inside does support all that (how do I know? I'm in the business of wireless chips!). This is all on Comcast and not at all on Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello was the Aria issue with Comcast routers ever resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes