Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria not connecting to new WiFi router

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lately between my watch and my scale I have had nothing but issues with Fitbit’s products. First it was the watch. I gave up and went with an Apple. My cable company gave me a new router. My Aria will not connect to it. I have tried removing the device and adding it again. I have tried to add it from both my iPhone and my PC. I have dealt with customer service with this issue for months and just gave up. I recently decided to go back to Fitbit. Bought a Versa and now that is not working. Retired connecting my scale and nothing. I am so beyond frustrated with Fitbit’s products not working and so many people have issues. You think by now the issues would be resolved knowing that so many people have the same issues. I was going to buy the Aria2, just because this just will not connect, but I cannot spend the money and I should not have to. I just do not understand why no one can help me with this. I do love Fitbit when it works, but anymore that is few and far between. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I suspect that your new router does not meet the requirements that existed 4 years ago. Sadly, there is nothing that you can do to change that. Fitbit can't anticipate new technology years ahead and build that into their product when it didn't exist at the time. These are the router requirements:

 Wireless 802.11b standard
 WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security
 Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration not supported)

Also, it does not support 5GHz bands. 

Best Answer
0 Votes