Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria's body fat percentage does not change and is wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My aria has been displaying the exact same body fat % for the past week (39.2%) every time I step on the scale. The reading is 20+ percentage points higher than reality, as my bf% is actually in the mid teens.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@divadno It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not providing accurate body fat readings. If you haven't done so, please restart and re-calibrate your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once you've done this, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

That seems SUPER off, but in general bodyfat scales are not the most accurate. Mine reads about 5-8% higher than I know my bodyfat % actually is. Apparently even having calluses on your feet, or not completely clean feet can affect readings as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@moreicecreamplz Thank you for joining us in this thread and thank you also for your feedback. If you see that your body fat percentage is not accurate, please try the troubleshooting steps that were shared in my previous post.

Also, I'd like you to take a look at this help article, under the subject "How can I get the most accurate reading from my scale?", which explains what can affect the readings and provides some tips in order to avoid inaccuracy.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this fix, this did not work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes