Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale displays a "Sensing Step off" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve run into a LOT of problems with my Aria 2. I’ve gotten the “step off thinking err” message (yes, placed on hard surface and barefoot 5 x’s), I’ve had it just not turn on at all after having put in brand new batteries, took batteries out, back in, reset it to no avail. 

I’ve had so many issues with my Aria 2, ran through all the troubleshooting steps, and customer service will not replace it for me. They are selling a faulty product. Anyone looking to buy an Aria scale, spare yourself a huge headache (and lots of money) and don’t!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@sonrisara It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm really sorry to hear that your Aria scale showed a "Sensing Thinking ERR" message and you were told that the warranty expired. The warranty period is good for 365 starting from the date of first setup.

Please visit this page for more information about the warranty policy.

I totally understanding how frustrating this is and your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any idea what might be causing this error or how to fix it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mjoeck Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Regarding your inquiry, your scale is attempting to calibrate after being moved. Please make sure of the following if your scale is displaying a "Sensing Thinking ERR" message:

- Take out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in

- Weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if the issue disappears

- Make sure that your Aria is placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on it barefoot

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve tried each of those independently and in that order multiple times to
no avail.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mjoeck Thank you for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps provider previously.

Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team and they'll be happy to proceed accordingly and find a solution for you. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have tried each of those things and more and nothing has worked. Basically the Aria scale is built to last just over a year so that the warranty expires and then it you have to buy a new one. What a waste of money!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@regretpurchase I'm sorry for the late response. I'm also sorry to hear that your Aria is no longer under warranty.

I know how you feel about this situation and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just so that you can "keep improving" I would like to let you know that you should think that for every person who is angry enough to post on this platform there must be hundreds of others who just get frustrated and give up. I know that you "know how I feel about this situation" so you will understand that those empty platitudes just make me want to post more so that people who are considering purchasing an Aria scale will save their money and those who are starting to have problems will give up before the warranty expires. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JuanJoFitbit I’m new to the community forum but have the same issues as a number of people regarding the ARIA scales.  Mine have started randomly switching on with messages to “STEP ON”.....”THINKING” and “ERR”.  The messages remain on no matter what I do and eventually drain the batteries.  I, like many people on this forum, have tried the advice you provided of taking the batteries out, stepping on five time etc but this hasn’t worked - and I haven’t yet seen anyone on the forum for whom it HAS worked,  This suggests, therefore, that there is a more widespread and fundamental problem which Fitbit really need to address.

Please can you provide advice as to what the issue is, why it is occurring in so many ARIAs and ARIA 2 models, and what options are available to the users.  Or do I simply have to throw it away and replace it with a non-Fitbit device that will last longer?

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi @JuanJoFitbit  You can add my voice to the growing band of frustrated Fitbit Aria users. I’m new to the community and can see that many have the same issue with the ARIA scales. I, like the many others, have tried your only solution many times and still get the ERR. There seems to be no resolution for us from Fitbit so I'll just share my sad story re Fitbit with my network. I know you are only the messenger so let those you report to know Fitbit has lost another customer.  

Best Answer
0 Votes