Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale how do you calibrate it?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Weight display is all over the place I do not think it is weighting correct.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Ginny0320 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not tracking your weigh properly. In order to re-calibrate it, please take out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once you've done this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if the issue gets fixed.

As an aside note, make sure that your Aria is placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on it still and barefoot.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have been attemping to calibrate by Aria 2 and have done the the things suggested. I cant find the lean vs regular button in the app, has it been removed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The lean switch is located in on the app under connected devices select the scale then users then the user you want to turn it on for 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not get the same message to begin weight in. 
“Hi!” Doesn’t show up each time 

“Thinking” doesn’t either 

Body weight doesn’t either 

Best Answer

I tried this to recalibrate and it still varied by almost 6kg in that 5 times standing on it after reset and almost 8kg since yesterday.  It also doesn't show BF percentage anymore. How long should the aria scales last?

How do you tell if load cells have been damaged?

Best Answer

So I've tried taking the batteries out and letting it reboot. I've even tried using a 15lbs dumbell to see if it is accurate.

With the dumbell I get a variance of 0.6lbs (weights ranging from 14.1 to 14.7). Figuring this might be close enough I tried to weigh myself and got a 5.0lbs variance. 

I've been coping so far by weighing myself 10-15 times at a time and try to plot a bell curve and leave the readings near the peak of the curve. However this is too frustrating for another member of my family just beginning their weight-loss journey. Any further tips would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I just place a fixed weighted plate of 5kg onto the aria scales in the same way that scales are calibrated by professionals to see my scales are accurate? I don't seem able to do this unless the plate has bare feet attached to it. I work in the health service and the scales are calibrated. I seem to weigh the same at work with clothes on having had breakfast than i do first thing stripped to my shorts on the fitbit scales. Help please

Best Answer
0 Votes