Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale is stuck in "Setup Active"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, earlier I was stuck in "sensing, thinking, err" so I reset the whole thing, reconnected to wifi and everything, and now I'm stuck with the message "Setup Active" scrolling across the Aria. It will not shut off. I took the battery out and left it for 15 minutes, put it in again, and it's still scrolling. If I leave it all night it's going to run the batteries down completely.

I had put this on someone else's post about the sensing, thinking, err but thought it should have its own since it's really a different issue. Thank you for the help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
77 REPLIES 77
Mine worked when I used Firefox from my computer instead of Chrome, or iOS Safari (had tried from iPad and phone). It’s worth noting that my version of Firefox is pretty old (kept intentionally at that version for testing purposes).

Sent from the nowhere, into the here.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@1Wendywoo @Wackergirl I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scales are working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here. I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

@lebrooks I'm sorry to hear that your Aria doesn't connect when using Chrome or iOS Safari. Have you tried using Firefox again just to complete the setup process or does your Aria is still experiencing setup issues?

See you later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked like a charm!

Best Answer

@GoGo2010 I'm sorry for the late response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit Community!

I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get the setup issues resolved.

Have you heard about our Discussions board? In this board you'll be able to tell your stories, meet more people and start your own topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to correct this problem multiple times with fit bit reps to no avail.  No one has any answers and I am left with a scale scrolling setup active that continuously drains batteries.  I have gone over with reps multiple time the getting started step up and reconnecting.  It never connects to the network even though its an option. I have a useless paperweight at this point with no explanation. Extremely disappointed with fitbit support.

Best Answer
I hear ya. My daughter would connect another family member to the account
and delete the app. That has helped in the pass. I hope it works for you.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing, this happened after I changed the batteries.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine now in trash after not getting adequate help.

Melissa
Best Answer
0 Votes

A year ago I was able to get mine to reconnect, but it continued to go through batteries like crazy (because it would get stuck in the "Step On" mode, even if nobody was home).  I finally threw it away and bought a Renpho scale.  Cheap and easy to use - works with bluetooth and their app.  App can talk and report to Fitbit.  It only records weight when the app is up and running.  You could view this as a positive or a negative - some days I just don't want Fitbit to know the truth.  😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem "setup active" continuously showing.  I moved from Seattle to Ohio and have a new everything: internet, wifi, etc.  Even after it says 'connected' it is still showing "setup active" … GRRRR

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to post the solution here since I had the same problem and a YouTube video helped me out.

To re-add/re-pair your Aria 2 scale when it's showing "Setup Active" you have to use the Fitbit website (via a web browser) and not their smartphone app.  When you "add a device" to your profile on their website it goes through different steps.  To quickly summarize, when "Setup Active" is showing on your scale, the scale itself is broadcasting it's own WiFi signal.  You connect your PC to that WiFi signal and it pairs the scale to your Fitbit account (then you switch back to your regular router WiFi signal).  It's pretty easy!

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I had no problem connecting to WiFi but, after I changed batteries, was stuck in the Setup Active mode.  Like Jeff said, I went to my dashboard on the Fitbit website. Once there, I clicked on the settings for my scale and Set Up a Weight Goal and that did the trick - no more Setup Active continual scrolling.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sweet cheezits this scale is a bother to connect!

Here it is, the end of March 2021 and mine is stuck in "JOINING WIFI". No doubt running the batteries dry.

Wish I had a properly connected scale like it was advertised. It was a splurge of a purchase. Was thinking paired with my Fitbit Tracker it was a win win situation. Not to be.

Will give it a day, like I have done in the past. 

Would be great to have it paired with My Fitness Pal as well.

A girl can dream.

Peace all 🌿🕊💕

Best Answer

I found the best way to set scale up is going through desktop or website browser, instead of using the app. I use my phone go to browser change to desktop page, and go to fitbit.com & login to your account, add device (scale) and Follow setup exactly as it instructs. I noticed the wifi gets stuck if u don't go back to the setup page after connecting from aria wifi to your own wifi connection.

I couldn't get it to setup thru the app. But once you finish setup online it will show up in app as it should. Something weird about the app connection. IDK. Lol 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.
Guess I'll set up my desktop and see if I have any luck that way.
Your reply is much appreciated.
Best Answer

FINALLY GOT IT!!

The other day I noticed my Aria 2 was no longer syncing my weight with MyFitnessPal.  I figured it must be the batteries, so I replaced them, only to find myself stuck in SETUP ACTIVE mode.  Good grief.  I came here and tried everything that I read, to no avail.  After taking the batteries out overnight, we put them back in to see if we could at least use it to weigh, even though it wasn't connected.  When it powered back on, it was out of SETUP ACTIVE mode, so we used it as a dumb scale for a couple days.  This morning, I wanted to give it one more shot.  This time, I reserved an IP address on my router, because I've found that often corrects connection issues with other devices.  Well, it didn't work.  Every time it got to "JOINING WIFI" it would end up "ERR".  I also tried sticking an earring back into the reset button, hoping that might make a difference.  Then it occurred to me that in listing all the wifi connections available, there were three listed for my home wifi.  Not sure if it's because I use Eeros and they each put out their own wifi signal, but I decided to try all three.  On the last one, it finally connected!  Unfortunately, then I got a message that the batteries were low (I had put the original batteries back in).  Crossing my fingers that I wouldn't get stuck in the SETUP ACTIVE mode again, I replaced the batteries with new ones, and it connected automatically!

Not sure which thing I did actually fixed the problem (maybe all of them combined, or maybe just dumb luck), but here are a few more things to try if you're stuck:

1) reserve an IP address with your router for your scale (if you don't know how, Google it or find someone who does)

2) if you have more than one of your home wifi network listed in the found networks, try them all

3) find something to stick in the reset hole (like an earring back) on the back of the scale

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I used my laptop to make the connection, as suggested.  Also, my wifi name DOES have a space in it. I created a guest network without a space when I was trying to get it connected the other day, with no luck (like I said, I tried everything I could find).  In the end, I was able to connect to my original network, with the space in the name.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It does have a mind of its own. Just glad you were able to reconnect.

--
Tally Poole
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having issues with my Aria scale (the model before yours). Randomly a few days ago it started showing ERR message. Never had issues with it for almost 6 years. I decided to disconnect it from my app and re-add it and now it says on the app 'Fitbit Network Error' as they stop manufacturing the Aria scales and the filmware updates. I have tried the batteries in and out, waiting 15 minutes etc. Nothing works, gets says Hi, Step On, Sensoning, Step Off, Thinking, ERR 😞 Sounds like there is nothing I can do now but bin it 

Best Answer