Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale not turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello 

please help to understand why Aria Scale doesn’t turn on when I step on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

Batteries dead? Have you replaced them?

Best Answer
Yes
I did 2 times!

Thank you.
Best Answer

@Cornel Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not turning on when you step on it, even though you have replaced the batteries.

I'd like you to try the following: Please take out the batteries and clean the contacts of the scale with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. After this, put the batteries back in and see if your Aria gets back to life.

Thank you for your help my friend @SunsetRunner!

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your advice but unfortunately it didn’t help.

Thank you.
Best Answer

@Cornel Thank you for getting back and trying the workaround previously shared. Since the issue persists, I will send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

You will receive an email from them soon. Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Appreciate!

Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cornel You are welcome!

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my scale is not turning on. I have changed batteries and cleaned it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thankyou

Best Answer

@Kerryanne1 Thank you for joining our Fitbit Community and this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is not turning on, even though you have cleaned it and replaced the batteries. Due to this, let me send your case to our Customer Support department so they an review it and assist you accordingly.

You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria will not turn on.  I replaced the batteries and cleaned the contacts.  When I log into my dashboard it says the scale synced this morning but I am not sure how, it wont light up when I step on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem 😞

Best Answer

Thank happened to me and the agent sent me the link to replace my unit but I kept trying after a few hours or day and it WORKED.

Best Answer

I'm also having the same issue.  Changed the batteries, cleaned the scale...still no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We just gave up. Evidently it is a common issue. Ours was working absolutely fine until we changed internet settings and after that could not get it to function. It kept turning on but saying ERR. It was such a shame to throw that still new looking thing in landfill. The aria 2 better work longer. I’ve suggested they figure a way to refurbish these things rather keep adding to landfill AND fix the issue of course. I’m sorry for you. We could not be without our scale as we are on a good loosing streak.

Managed on my I-phone!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an aria that is 3 years old. Worked good up until batteries died a second time and I changed them. Tried the troubleshooting recommendations and called support. They can’t help. Ridiculous that I could change batteries a third time. Stay away from this product. 

Best Answer

Yes yes. I agree! We just changed internet servers and that made our scale not function. I like the fitbit company and would not bad mouth them BUT the Aria 1 scale is electronically deficient. It is also such a shame that so many have just been put in landfill due to the fact they have do not have a team/plan for refurbishing. I sure hope the Aria 2 is way different b/c that is what we now bought and hope it lasts a LONG time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here! Just bought it two days ago!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is so good about helping. Read directions again carefully maybe with someone. We had to get a new scale and sad they didn’t recycle the old ones but the new one has been working for two years. Our old one couldn’t get going again after we changed our internet connection. 😝I think they are making the scales better now though. Try and try again and if you don’t succeed I bet they will honor a replacement.

Managed on my I-phone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, my scale is not turning on. I have changed batteries and cleaned it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you 

Best Answer