Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale recorded weight is not the same as displayed weight

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone else confirm if their Aria 2 has this problem?  When you are doing a weighing the displayed weight fluctuates for awhile and eventually settles on a final number, at which point it shows body fat, then your icon, and then transmits the results back to ”the cloud”.  You can then see the result either with the app or the web dashboard. A majority of the time (at least 75% — I don’t have the stats readily at hand) the recorded weight is precisely 0.1 lbs less than the displayed weight, with the rest of the readings being exactly the same as the displayed weight. I’ve been in conversation with the Fitbit techcnical folks and they have been unable to explain why this might be happening. Not a big deal, but since the Aria 2 seems to weigh consistently with that level of accuracy, it’s annoying. Again, has anyone else paid close enough attention to how their scale works to observe the same (or different!) behavior?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have experienced exactly the same thing Ted. Since I've purchased my Aria2 in December, every weight recorded in the app is exactly 0.1 lb less than what is shown on the scale. I called Fitbit support tonight and they had no answer.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@TedL It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 doesn't provide consistent readings but after a few weigh ins.

I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they reached you via email recently. Please reply to their last email so they can follow up and provide a solution for you. They'll be more than happy to explain more details about the issue.

Don't hesitate to get back if you have more questions! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit  It sounds like you don't understand the issue.  The scale is making very, very consistent readings, with a 0.05% standard error over the course of 45 weighings. The averages for a set of several consecutive weighings will of course vary by several lbs over the course of a couple of weeks, but each set will be very consistent within itself. But the weight that is recorded (as seen either in the app or on the web dashboard) is, 87% of the time, 0.1 lb less than the weight displayed by the scale.  For example, if the last weight displayed by the scale before it displays BF and the icon is 170.2 lbs, the weight recorded by the app/web is 1701. lbs.  If I weigh myself, say, 10 times in a row, right after each other, that will happen with roughly 8 of the weighings, which might vary .1 or .2 lbs from one to the next, at most, but each is recorded as .1 lb less than the reading.  The other 2 times the recorded weight is the same as the displayed weight.  Another time if I make 10 weighings in a row it might be  7 that are 0.1 off, or, for another set, 9.  The support person I've been talking has been unable to give me any explanation for why that might be happening.  I have a hunch it may have something to do with the conversions used to go from what is measured internally (which might, for instance, be the voltage or resistance of the transducers) to what is displayed and what is sent to the Fitbit database, but only the programmers would be able to answer that question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have experienced exactly the same thing Ted. Since I've purchased my Aria2 in December, every weight recorded in the app is exactly 0.1 lb less than what is shown on the scale. I called Fitbit support tonight and they had no answer.

Best Answer

I accidentally hit the ”accept as solution” button. I can’t find anyway to correct that, since that response wasn’t any kind of solution. Unless I’ve missed it, I haven’t found anyone from Fitbit who has tried to reproduce the problem several us have reported or have explained what’s causing it. My theory is that the scale itself and the app or main software use different rounding or truncation algorithms. 

Best Answer