Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale says I am a Guest

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria scale keeps registering me as a guest.

I have gone on the website and assigned those measurements to myself with several weigh ins. The issue persists. I did every step from your help article at https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Why-is-my-scale-recognizing-me-as-a-guest

I asked FitbitSupport on twitter for what to do. They directed me to other support channels at https://twitter.com/FitbitSupport/status/671125370855292928 where I got the contact number.

Now I am on hold for Fitbit to answer. It has been over an hour and 45 minutes. While I wait, can anybody help me fix this issue with my Aria scale, please?

Holding for Fitbit support.Holding for Fitbit support.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178

How do I get the Aria to recognize me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
if you manually enter your weight it will recognize you after a few days

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

ok thanks i will try that🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent advice!  Thank you so much!  Problem solved!  👍🏻👍🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

SCM73 wrote: "Excellent advice!  Thank you so much!  Problem solved!"

Could people please refer in some way which post they're referring to? There are 9 pages of discussion above. Which advice helped you, SCM73?

Best Answer
0 Votes
SunsetRunner
02-07-2016

@jillavis If Weight isn't showing on your dashboard, you can add the tile from the option top left of the screen, the 9 squares in a circle.

SCM73

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to the Fitbit app> find Aria scale> Recent weigh in> click on the recent weigh in> change status to YOU 

It has two options YOU or guest. Once that checked. It will display the right weigh ins to the right person.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you,i will try that 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Butterfly_1999 said: "Go to the Fitbit app> find Aria scale> Recent weigh in> click on the recent weigh in> change status to YOU 

It has two options YOU or guest. Once that checked. It will display the right weigh ins to the right person."

This isn't the whole story. If you have several people registered with the scales, you'll see all their names and Guest as options.

Changing a weight to the right person can help, but doesn't always. I've done this hundreds of times over the years to get the right weights assigned to the right people in my house, and it doesn't always help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah my scale has been recording me as guest ever since my teenage son got to be my old size. I kept growing too so I became “Guest”. I used to be able to go into the app and see weight...but every button on the app now seems to be selling me something...no button for “show me my weight history”. A few years ago I actually found someone to talk to. Call center... they landed on “dumbfounded” implying I was resetting something wrong (ie - changing guest to my name 5 times until it got it). Hasn’t worked right since 2016. Scale works fine. Looks good. Sitting on my floor and I can weigh myself...but Fitbit app upgrades are beyond confounding. App is useless. Scale works like analog scale i can get at Bed Bath and Beyond. Found RENPHO scale that does everything I need (I DON’T need to share every detail of my workouts or record my meals on Fitbit!...just tell me what I weigh now and record what I weighed yesterday then gimme a freakin graph like you used to when you worked!). Bought apple watches for everyone and chucked all the Xmas gift Fitbit devices. Aria is last to go. RENPHO arrives in 3 days. Wait.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why is it that so many companies start out with a good idea then due to many reasons some of which I will cover further down lose sight of who the customer is, what the customer wants and why the customer bought the product in the first place.

Mine too from time to time wants to treat me as a guest.

My wife has stopped using it out of frustration with it, so I am now the only user.

Some of the problems from my perspective are the use on non English speaking people in the support / design stage who rely on a translator to convert to Chinese what is said in English. We all know where that leads.
Another is the total lack of response by the company to information posted on this site. What is the point of having the site if you are not going to act on the suggestions posted here. For example way back several years ago when I first purchased a FitBit I recommended that FitBit integrate with Omron for blood pressure readings through their software. I have had literally hundreds of comments in favour of this but not a single comment from FitBit and of course no action to achieve this so in order to report to my medical practician, I must either produce two reports (the one from FitBit being basically useless) or manually type it into a spread sheet which at least can be derived from CSV from Omron.
No proper reports are available plenty of pretty but useless icons but they wont even print out properly for submission to the doctors.

Then FitBit will wonder why their market share starts to slide because other suppliers listen to their customers and produce what the customer wants not what some bean counter or product designer in head office says is necessary to control costs or make it Pretty.

FitBit Listen to your customers and give them what they want, then and only then will you really succeed. You watch not one single comment will come from FitBit. This forum is just a feel good exercise for the Management. The stuff up with deletion of information that took them years to respond to is a good example.

Brian
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to manually change 11 weigh-ins (8 in socks, 3 bare feet) from GUEST to my name before the scale started to recognize me as me.  IMPORTANT: nothing seemed to work until I started weigh-ins with BARE FEET.  Only after recording 3 weights (and hidden BMI%) and changing them to my profile in the FitBit dashboard did the scale auto-recognize me.  I am confident that this weight + BMI% is what allows the scale to initially build a profile for your weight to predict who is on the scale.  I REPEAT--weigh yourself with bare feet!

Best Answer
ok thank you,i have now changed the batteries and that seems to have done
the trick for now🙂
Best Answer

Brian, you are spot on with this post. Now I am running into so many issues with the App, with the scale (Aria 2) here that does not recognize anyone anymore ..

I am now switching products. I switched a long time ago for the watch and measurements to Garmin and the scale is now someone else that can be hooked up to those.

I will get rid of Fitbit completely because of that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Success -- and simple!  Thanks!😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure did work! Thanks!

Best Answer
You're quite welcome Mark. Glad I could help! All the best to you on
accomplishing your goals!

Cheers,

Stuart
Best Answer