Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale will not setup or connect to my wifi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried over and over again to set up this Aria scale.  It was working but then all of a sudden it stopped connecting to my wifi.  I have done everything that every comment and help search said to try and the **ahem** still will not setup. 

I even removed it from my account and tried to set it up again as a new device, but hell no it still with not freaking connect. I am so upset. 

It seems that every device I get from fitbit has an issue.  I had to get my blaze replaced twice because of some stupid glitch and now the scale will not work. 

Moderator edit: subject content

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Got it fixed, but not by using @mrgunn's instructions.  My husband did a Google search for "Comcast Gateway3 Aira scale" and it led him to change the router settings to add the 802.11b protocol.

We think that Comcast must have recently changed some settings, because our Aria had been working just fine with the new router until a couple of days ago.

It seems to be OK now.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

@ttowers66 It's great to see you in the Community! So sorry to hear about the setup issues you have experienced with your Aria scale. Please check out this help article and make sure that your router has the correct settings. Once this has been reviewed, please follow the setup process as advised in this post.

In the meantime, please let me know if you get an error message while you are setting up your scale.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
tried it still doesn't work
I have attached the log files from my scale please let me know if you can
figure out why the thing won't work!

--
Thank you

Taunya Towers
615-804-7532 cell
tmccarter66@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ttowers66 Thanks for getting back and attaching the log files! By any chance, do you get any error message on the screen while you are setting up your Aria scale? If so, please let me know what is the error message. I'd also like you to take a look at Andrew's post which contains extra info and updates regarding syncing issues with the Aria scale.

Catch ya later my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES at the end of the process I get this 

WiFi Err

Everytime

Best Answer

My Aria seems to sync when it feels like it (sometimes right away, sometimes catches up later).  I got a new router about 2 weeks ago, and the password does contain special characters (one set of instructions says alpha-numeric only), but it set up just fine then, and it has been syncing immediately ever since then...  until sometime between 5 and 7 am on 2/22.  I've spent about 2 hours tonight going through all the setup steps I can find.  Rebooted.  Tried changing the batteries.  Tried setting it up within 5 feet of the new router.  Still getting WiFi ERR at the end of each setup process.  Not sure why Aria's suddenly giving me the cold shoulder.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my Aria scale. Tried everything and it won't connect to my WIFI network.  I even had the Geek Squad out to check my WIFI/IP address for issues and had Fitbit Support try to resolve the problem.  Thinking it's the scale! 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

tried it again as suggested in Andrew's post still the same issue.  WiFi ERR. This is getting crazy.  I don't have time to set online going through all these things that do not work.  Nothing has changed on my router, no updates, no password change, no special characters, it just all of the sudden out of the blue the dang thing stopped syncing and I can't even get it to reset.

It sounds like others are having the same issue.  I want my money back or a new scale sent to me!!  This is stupid that we have to troubleshoot your product and find the fixes for you, and you guys are supposed to be the company support team!!! WOW

Best Answer

@ttowers66 I appreciate your reply! Thanks for joining us in this thread @RitterVonRappe @Pamela11! I'd like to share @SunsetRunner's post and I'd like you guys to follow his tips in order to fix this issue. This is a great troubleshooting process and let me know how it goes.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the link.

Not sure at all how to tinker with my router's guest mode.  Not sure I'm comfortable following instructions that include "make sure no hackers are nearby" when living in a multi-family neighborhood.  Not sure why our Aria was syncing flawlessly for 2 weeks with our new router before it decided to give us the middle finger.  Not sure if Comcast/Xfinity suddenly made some change to our service that is affecting this.  Not sure why my husband spent over an hour on the phone with customer support last night, and still couldn't get it working.  

I'm pretty sure I'm not a technological idiot, but I'm pretty sure this is above my pay grade.

I'll pass this on to the next level to tech management in my household.  If he can't get this to work, maybe a friend of ours who is a software engineer at a networking equipment company can help us figure it out when he is over for dinner next week.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a brand new Aria that won't connect.  I keep getting an error message that my password is not correct.  My password is correct.  All of my household devices are set up through the same router and have the same password.

I even had several of them "forget" my network and then manually signed back in.  No trouble there.  The trouble seems to be w/Aria.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it fixed, but not by using @mrgunn's instructions.  My husband did a Google search for "Comcast Gateway3 Aira scale" and it led him to change the router settings to add the 802.11b protocol.

We think that Comcast must have recently changed some settings, because our Aria had been working just fine with the new router until a couple of days ago.

It seems to be OK now.

Best Answer

It still won't freaking connect even after all of that. I am really getting sick of this bs. 

Send me a new freaking scale because I am done. Like I stated nothing changed and the freakig scale won't sync or connect

Best Answer
0 Votes
I spent an hour and 20 minutes on the phone w/Comcast tech support and they couldn't get it to connect, either.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got it to work. I found the user guide for how to go online
admin for my router and change the wifi settings so it will work with the
811 b whatever whatever.
Anyway, I learned that if you have to reset your modem by using the little
hole on the back that it sets you router back to factory settings. So you
have to log onto the router webpage and change your wifi gateway to accept
the b as well.
Now it connects.

--
Thank you

Taunya Towers

tmccarter66@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what helped me to finally get it to work.  You can log into  your router online if you got it from xfinity.  Your computer has to be on your network for it to work.

go to:  http://10.0.0.1/  log in with the default  username = admin  and the pw = password.  It will prompt you to change it, just hit cancel if you don't want to.

Click on connections on the left hand side of the screen, then click on wifi,  once this screen opens you will see your networks listed in the middle.  Click on edit next to the name on the right-hand side of the screen.  When the next screen opens, change the mode to 802.11 b/g/n  save the settings at the bottom of the page. your computer will disconnect from your wifi and you will have to manually connect it back to the wifi.  But after you do this you will be able to complete the setup of your scale.

Yeah it works finally!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria is still not connecting.

Some background info:

Time Warner recently upgraded my Wifi Box to the Arris TC8 717T and

all my devices were able to connect including the Aria scale.

This past week I was having trouble with my Wifi connection dropping out. A hard reset was

done on the Wifi box and all my other devices were reconnected and are working fine, except the Aria scale.

Yesterday I spent over an hour with a Fitbit Chat Representative.

We tried all the things mentioned in this thread to no avail. Finally he suggested I reach out to

Time Warner for help.

The Time Warner technicians can find nothing in the Wifi configurations that would prevent the 

the Aria from connecting. According to them, resetting the Wifi box did nothing to the settings that would disallow the Aria from reconnecting, and as I already stated all my other devices reconnected with no issues.

So now I have no idea what to do next.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Stop buying Fitbit products. I had a similar issue with my scale. It is
junk now it won't connect or gets stuck in a loop of "thinking" ... "Err"
Best Answer

We are in the same boat. My scale worked fine for a couple of years. Faster connection, new router, couldn’t connect with same b,g,n setting same WiFi network name, same password setting same password. Followed directions downloaded latest software, putscale in setup mode, ran setup software selected WiFi, entered password clicked on connect, looked like it might work... nope, fail, fail, fail, went back and checked WiFi settings. Everything looks right except that nothing I’ve tried works.  WTF?    

What are the specific requirements of the Aria? What am I missing? Arrrrgh!

Already tried that, no joy

If Fitbit would list the WiFi settings for the Airia (not Aria2) scale. Why do customers have to go through troubleshooting a product that has been around for years and technology (WiFi) that has been around for decades. This reminds me of the 90’s.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@ECM68 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the setup issues that your Aria scale has experienced. I was able to reach our Support team and was told that they're handling your case via email. Please reply to the email they sent you and they'll be happy to follow up.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes