Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale won’t connect to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I move every year, and every year I have to reconnect my WiFi devices. Only the Fitbit Aria takes an hour EVERY time. 

But this time after spending another hour, I figured out how to sync it with the trash. Added my Fitbit Surge with it and bought an Apple Watch.

My life just got much happier 🙂

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

I connected my and it worked great!  Then the uploaded new sw to my phone app and it broken.  I wanted to believe that this was gonna be a piece of Sh1t, but it is.  The SW group are total f8cking Losers

Best Answer

Having the same problem. Had the most unhelpful conversation with fitbit support, bordering on rude!

I will never buy fitbit products again. It's ridiculous people keep posting the same few difficulties and fitbit churn out the standard cut and paste responses. FIX YOUR ISSUES FITBIT!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Best Answer
Deleted my phone app. Took the batteries out the scale. Powered off my router and modem. Reloaded all the same from scratch and it works great again. Their SW is good, but they can’t roll out upgrades for crap
Best Answer

Thanks for the tip- will try that! However even if I do fix the issue  (til next time no doubt) some of the responses I received from Fitbit staff today were so unacceptable. Brand loyalty depends on good products and good customer service. The aria 2 is a big let down, customer communication and support offensively poor. I could not endorse buying this brand, shop elsewhere people!!

Best Answer

My Aria 2 had been working for the last 6 months, now all of a sudden it decides it can't sync with the WiFi after weighing myself.  Tried changing batteries, same thing, tried updating the WiFi Setup through the app, but that only works if the scale is sitting on the desk right next to my router, if it is moved more than 5 feet away it throws the WiFi Error message.  Tried removing scale from App and leaving batteries out to start over from scratch, scale gets to pairing where you enter 4 digit code then the App hangs saying Sorry the setup is taking longer than usual while the scale just shows www.fitbit.com/setup on an endless loop.  Not sure what to do at this point.

Best Answer

Try starting from scratch again ie delete app from your phone and reinstall etc. You can put a support call in to fitbit but my experience was that customer service was not high on priority list!! This is a premium product- fitbit needs to issue solutions to difficulties and not drone out the cut and paste"sorry for your troubles" responses to their customers!!!! Hope you solve your issue- I am so annoyed with Fitbits poor customer service in my case.Unaccecpable!

Best Answer

I was able to get my scale to sync properly pairing it to the hotspot on my phone, even when my phone was placed at the other side of my house.  Wound up buying a new router and that seemed to fix all the problems I was having.  I am not sure why the Aria 2 was the only device out of a total of 12 things connected to my router that was having connection problems, it should not have required me to spend $150 on a new router to fix the problem, but at least it is working again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Noticed this morning that my Aria, for no reason stopped syncing last 06 september. Was that a programmed failure for us to upgrade to aria 3??

I tried to resync... But no succes so far.

Best Answer

Well, I agree with the first guy.  I am trying to connect my aria with my new network and it won't connect after 6 tries.  This is not an intelligent scale.  Where are your instructions on how to do this????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Best Answer

I found out that for the initial sync, the Aria need to be 3 feet away from the router.

Even if everything was working fine 2 level appart.. To do the initial sync. I had to bring the scale in the basement next to the wifi router.

Best Answer
0 Votes

👍👍👍👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Claynjazz all fitbit models have a downloadable user manual that may be accessed through the help link below. 

This help link also will take you to Fitbits searchable, interactive, online help guides. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had several fitbit products over the years and this is the first time I've felt inclined to look into a apple watch. My scale worked perfectly ok until comcast stated the modem i had couldn't handle the service i have so i changed it. Now 90% of my electrical stuff works. But now i cant connect to my aria scale. Comcast states they no longer support 802.11b. So my understanding from fitbit is to throw out my scale and possible buy w? Not good enough. I've already been screwed over with my fitbit versa. 

Best Answer

Comcast handles the data between the modem a. A the router, this has nothing to do with the type of WiFi the router handles. What comcast is saying is the router the gave you doesn't support 802.11B, there are ways around this by plugging an additional router into your comcast hub. You may even be able to use the old comcast router. Or ask for a router that does support it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When the heck is Fitbit going to fix the Aria problem? I was told it would be fixed no later than Oct 23rd. Well, today os Oct 28th and the Aria is still. not working. I was so happy before. What is the latest news?

Best Answer

@warkap i noticed that you have posted in both Aria and Aria 2 threads. 

May i ask which scale are you asking about and what the issue you are having is? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Aria which I cannot connect to a new router AND a brand new Aria Air with I cannot connect to Bluetooh (iPhone 8+).  Considering returning the Aria Air - I don't need two scales that won't connect.

MANY of us are waiting for a solution, please.

Best Answer

The scale worked fine with my low speed router. I have a new router and the scale will not connect.  I am not the only person having this issue.  The user manual doesn't address this problem for any of us.  Fitbit needs to fix this with an update.  I think they just want people to purchase new stuff all the time.  I, for one, do not believe in a throwaway society.  I won't be purchasing another Fitbit product if they decide to ignore this problem that they created. 

Best Answer

I think you should also know that when I called your support line, before purchasing the scale, I was told that there were no issues with syncing, even though the reviews on Amazon clearly indicated that there were issues.  Your support people outright lied to me and unfortunately, I chose to believe him that all issues had been resolved.

Best Answer

The scale only has hardware for 2.4 WiFi as explained in the Online manual . 

Best Answer