Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale won’t connect to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I move every year, and every year I have to reconnect my WiFi devices. Only the Fitbit Aria takes an hour EVERY time. 

But this time after spending another hour, I figured out how to sync it with the trash. Added my Fitbit Surge with it and bought an Apple Watch.

My life just got much happier 🙂

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

Buy a new one, return the old one with new receipt. It's what I do

Best Answer

I bought it 6 months ago and it worked with DSL.  Go to fiber and it no longer works.  It's not like fiber was invented 6 months ago and I don't save retail receipts for that long .  Several people have posted that they had the same problem around the same timeline.  So, it's a Fitbit issue.  I just won't be purchasing another one of their products, unless they fix this.  Someone keeps marking these posts as resolved, when they aren't.  What a crock.

Many of us have the same problem around the same time.  It's been 2 months and still no resolutions.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit support sucks for every issue. I’ve spent 3 hours on 3 simple issues today. I’m pleased Fitbit has been purchased because their product is simple and great but the company and support need to go in the trash with the Aria. 

Best Answer

I returned my Aria Air & chose not to purchase a new one.  Too many issues with trying to sync it.  Life is too short for that much frustration. 😡

Best Answer
Good to know. I was looking at it.

Always,
Tricia.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@sguetterman what scale did you buy. 

Some of your posts, like this one, is under the Aria thread a cake that was discontinued 3-4 years ago, while other posts mention. the Aria Air. 

You mention having a problems connecting the Aria Air to WiFi, I would expect this since the Aria Air does not have WiFi and syncs directly through the Fitbit App through BT. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this is unacceptable that this company knows it has this problem but oh well. We aren’t going fit it for you since we already have your $200. Guess I will have trash it like everyone else and make sure to let everyone know about my experience with this product. I will keep using my trustworthy Apple products. 

Best Answer

A strange issue with my Aria, I can get it to connect fine but every time I weigh in and it tried to upload the data, it fails. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Join the club. No charge for membership. Maybe Google will fix it!

Best Answer

Indeed.  Lol. I think I found a awkward workaround for my fellow club members. 

I removed a battery for a few seconds and placed it back into the scale. A message came up saying it was connected to my WiFi and to tap if I want to switch. 

I elected not to do that and let it stay on my network.  

I jumped back on the scale and this time it was able to successfully upload the data. However I’m not sure how long this fix will hold before I have to do the battery pull again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ingenious. More patience than I have. Just have to remember to allow more time in the mornings...just in case.

It sounds like what the techies might call a ‘URF’ - Unexplained Random Feature.

Best Answer

Oh this will get old pretty quick if I have to go through this every morning. No way will a majority of Aria users put up with it also. 

I am really hoping this holds but only time will tell. I’d be more than willing to submit data to their engineers if it helps.  

Tomorrow morning will be suspenseful as I weigh myself.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just do it manually. Easier than dealing with the sync not working. You’ll spend a hour trying to correct. You can manually enter well over a years worth of weight, fat % in that same 60 minutes. And you can count on the sync to stop working again in no time. The Aria is crap, Fitbit Support is even worse.

Sent from my iPhone -

Allen
Best Answer

Well, my fix was short lived. I went to weigh myself this morning and it once again failed to upload the data.  Bummer. Does anyone know if the newer Aria’s suffer from this issue? Mine is the original. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've spent days trying to help a friend set up an aria scale. Tried all sorts replacement WiFi router with 2.4 GHz only instead of dual band, tried everything. This device DOES NOT WORK. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup im having the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted our wifi provider and finally got our Aria connected after 4 years. Our router/wifi extender has both 2.4G and 5G, but our 2.4G was the newer 802.11n. However the internal wifi was actually the older 802.11b and our provider was able to activate that for me and I was able to finally connect our Aria. 

Best Answer

The most miserable experience ever trying to get a FitBit Aria to link and sync.  First off 802.11b.  That is right b.  From 1999.   So I found a way to set up a spare router to use 2.4Ghz and legacy mode that will support b/g.  Eventually I got it to link and sync.  Yay me.  That lasted for almost a whole month then it gave me the dreaded No Sync.  Nothing changed on my network, specifically nothing on that spare router.  I can connect to it on my laptop and all is good so not the router or my ISP.  I have tried running the setup using 3 different browsers plus on an iPad.  The scales go through the saving and joining routine and then on linking to FitBit it goes to No Sync.  I tried changing the SSID and password just in case there was something cached.  Did FitBit change something on their end?  I am a now retired IT Manager so not exactly a novice when it comes to configuring devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why does everyone continue to spend so much time and frustration. Just enter manually, or return the scale and demand refund. I think EVERYONE has been consistent in their thoughts - the product sucks! I wanted a scale with the weight and fat so I manually enter it every couple days; it takes 10 to 15 seconds from weighing to entry.

Sent from my iPhone -

Allen
Best Answer
Since the scale won’t connect there isn’t any data to enter manually. The scale gives an error message. So basically you would have to have another scale one hand to get this information.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes