Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale won’t connect to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I move every year, and every year I have to reconnect my WiFi devices. Only the Fitbit Aria takes an hour EVERY time. 

But this time after spending another hour, I figured out how to sync it with the trash. Added my Fitbit Surge with it and bought an Apple Watch.

My life just got much happier 🙂

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138
That’s unusual, most cases are non-sync not inability to sense weight or give a BMI/fat %. That’s a scale problem not a sync problem. They are mutually exclusive functions. I know this to be the case in most situations , I’ve owned mine more than 2 years. I weigh every day . As most the post note it won’t “sync” to my Fitbit program or my Fitbit. So I enter “manually”.

Sent from my iPhone -

Allen
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I updated our router a few years ago. So it won’t connect to it. I don’t have a Fitbit anymore so the issue isn’t about it syncing to that. It’s about being able to use the scale as a scale. Which it doesn’t do. It is basically unusable now. Just has to be replaced. Sad because I really liked this scale.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Babymachen the scale should give you a reading before it tries to sync. 

May I ask what the error States? Have you checked your user manual? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The scale measures weight and BFI.  It is when it tries to update my Fitbit account that it fails with a no sync message. I can enter the readings manually.  The automatically updating did work and it should work though.  I had a similar problem getting it to connect to the network and update when I changed the batteries a few months ago but after many attempts it did eventually connect.  No so far this time though.  It just quit syncing.  No change to the scales, no change to the network, no new devices in my home that are on 2.4 GHz that might interfere. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It says error. I have had it for years no Manuel anymore. The batteries were low so I changed them. It will not connect. I tried everything. 😭😭😭

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Does anyone know if the newer scales from Fitbit support more modern wifi
standards?
Best Answer
0 Votes

somehow can someone tell me how to get off this chain of emails. I don’t give a rats a..... about the Aria Fitbit weigh scale. Get me off this ridiculous merry go round

Sent from my iPhone -

Allen

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
unsubscribe at the very bottom. I just did the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

appears my Arial is going in the trash can as well...  Sucks there is nothing wrong except it wont connect to the new wifi.  BS that they cant give a solution for this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got mine to connect.  Depending on your router there may be an option to allow for "legacy" which will allow for 802.11b connections.  It also requires 2.4 GHz to be enabled.  Also enable b/g protection.  These are all settings on an ASUS router.  Other brands will differ.  If you don't see your WiFi network in the setup routine the above may be the issue.  Without 2.4 GHz and 802.11b you are screwed. I got lucky and had an old ASUS RT-N66U kicking around.  They are no longer available new but I have seen them on eBay for as little as $10-$15. My final problem after all of that was set up turned out to be with a VPN setting which to be honest was not a Fitbit issue. Most people do not have their entire home network behind a VPN. 

Best Answer

Hi,

i m very sorry to find out this scale is going to trash after 2 hours effort to sync it. When u say we dont have a fix, do you really expect that i or someone else buy your any other product again? u guys are optimistic. 

i m still in a shock, wifi supported product is not supporting to change network when u changed your wifi info. this must be a joke for all tech lovers!!

hell yeah, totally agree!! if this product cant update wifi, they have to pay our money back!!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

The Aria scale "ERR" problem is just awful!!!  There are so many complaints about it and we can't get any help!  A $150 scale that is useless.  This company took thousands of dollars from customers who believed in the brand!  Customer service will will kill it and send people to Garmin.  Sick

Best Answer

There are two ways to update the WiFi settings on an Aria Scale. Note this is not the case with the Aria 2. 

Have you been able to connect your computer or phones WiFi to the Aria scale, then log into the Aria scale through a web browser? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been told by Fitbit that it is broken via an online chat.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost connection to my home WiFi at the end of December 2019. My aria scale stopped syncing.  I spent a few hours this weekend trying to get it to connect again, following all online setup instructions.  No luck.  What do I do?  I have not had problems before, and am saddened I can’t get this to connect anymore.  Sounds like this has been a repeating issue for other Aria 1 users as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Assuming that you haven't changed anything on your network like a new Internet Service Provider, installed a new WiFi router or changed anything on your existing one then here are a couple of suggestions.   I got mine to reconnect once by turning off the power to my wifi router and the modem that was supplied by my ISP waiting about a minute and then turning them back on. This will clear lots of things. The last time it was a problem with a Virtual Private Network and firewall that my connection was behind but that is pretty esoteric and not likely your problem as most people don't have their system set up this way.  Another time, and this made no sense, I was unable to set it up using my laptop but I happened to have an iPad we use for travelling and that worked.  The Aria One can only connect to a WiFi network that operates using a protocol called 802.11b which is really old technology.  Not all routers will support this and some have to be specially configured to allow for it.  I have a dual band router that let me set up a separate network that for all intents and purposes is now just just for my Aria.  Why it was working and then just quit was another mystery in my life as I hadn't changed anything on my router that I was aware of.  This problem is enormously painful.  One suggestion is to put in fresh batteries.  The reason for this is that when and if you do get it to work you won't have to change them again for some time.  I also had a problem with having to go through the whole set up routine multiple times after a battery change once.  It should have remembered the WiFi settings.  It didn't.  Good luck.  If you have read through this thread you will see that there were many suggested fixes, some of which worked for some, others worked for others and some didn't work for any.  FitBit to be honest hasn't been particularly helpful with this.  Similarly there were huge issues with the FitBit app working on phones using the Android 9 operating system.  Took them about a year to fix that.

Best Answer

I agree that 802 is old, but the slower speed should, in theory give a more consistent connection when requested. 

I also noticed that my smart lights and thermostat all use the 802

Best Answer
0 Votes

All network devices use  Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) LAN/MAN Standards Committee (IEEE 802).  802.11 is for wifi so all wifi devices will use some version of 802.11.  802.11b dates back to 1997.  11g was 2003, 11n was 2009, 11ac was 2013 and 11ax was 2019.  The FitBit Aria was introduced in 2012, well after routers supporting both 11g and 11n were common.  I neglected to mention in my reply to the original post that the wifi router must also be capable of providing a 2.4Ghz signal which is what 802.11b requires.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue here. tried at least 20 times.  Just tossed mine in the trash along with my 6th tracker.  Im done with Fitbit.

Best Answer
Thanks for your note. I’m so mad! My Fitbit is fine but I can’t connect the scale anymore

Sent from my iPhone :telephone_receiver:
Best Answer
0 Votes