Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale won’t connect to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I move every year, and every year I have to reconnect my WiFi devices. Only the Fitbit Aria takes an hour EVERY time. 

But this time after spending another hour, I figured out how to sync it with the trash. Added my Fitbit Surge with it and bought an Apple Watch.

My life just got much happier 🙂

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

@Leopardo8 step off is because the scale was picked up or the battery was changed. 

When it tells you to step off, please step of so the scale can finish the calibration. 

You had the same message the first time it was stored on. 

@Dee2014 please check that the new router is compatible. And include any errors you may have received. 

Best Answer

all i did was change my password. 

I've done the battery change without issue but change a password and its a paperweight. There should have been something int he programming to allow a PW change w/o a sound and dance with the scale. Its incompetence on fitbit's side.  

My router 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac  

Band simultaneous dual band 2.4ghz and 5ghz

never before had this much trouble. ITS A FREAKING PW

Best Answer

Ok. I will try that.

he scale is connected to the old WiFi that it has always used and is recognized.

I step on.then it goes to  Hi...sensing...step off ..thinking ..then ERR!

is there any other setup that has to be done?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was unable to connect my scale to the Wi-Fi. As you know it works best with 2.5 GHz, and most are on 5 now.  There is hope and it’s easy go onto your iPhone or android and use your Wi-Fi hotspot. It connects quick and easy. I just simply turn it on when I use the scale,And turn off the hotspot when finished. It works great

Best Answer
0 Votes
That, unfortunately, is not the issue.

Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Odd, how you think none of us have tried our phone.......

Best Answer
0 Votes

you are 

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have had this issue several times.  Usually after hours of messing with the scale it finally works (Aria 1). This time our ISP gave us a 802.11ac router so syncing that way is toast, however I have been successfully using my phone as a mobile hotspot. Tempted to try a few of they other options mentioned here that I hadn’t tested but recalling the insane aggravation of trying previously I hope I forget to do so. The bottom line is that Fitbit’s backend system tech is atrocious and cheap. Maybe google acquisition will help fix that. 

Frankly I really just came on here to express my dismay at all the people saying they threw their scales in the trash. Even if it doesn’t sync, I’m sure someone would happily make use of a free digital scale, so if you’re tired of your Aria’s issues just donate it to your local Goodwill. Reduce, reuse, recycle - don’t contribute to our massive garbage problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed the batteries in my Aria last month. Yesterday I got a low battery again (rather soon?) so changed them again today. Now my Aria is showing now WiFi, and keeps scrolling SetUp Active. I’m about 20’ from my router, and had previously synced earlier today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. I just wasted an hour of my time. It will not connect to my WIFI

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't believe I got suckered into purchasing this piece of junk. DO NOT make my mistake and purchase an Aria scale. Mine won't connect to internet and there are many people in my situation. Fitbit apparently isn't willing to resolve the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everytime my aria gets to the point where it says joining network all a sudden the message changes to network error ive tried multiple times now the scale keeps saying active setup and this won’t go away

Best Answer

That is my situation. It starts to join then fails to join. The scale
joins via blue tooth, when instructed to join wifi, the scale says it is
joining, the show error.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

When I tried to set up my new router, the scales display would just go dead. The directions pretty much suck and aren’t descriptive. I am just using my scale as a regular scale and punching in my weight on my app. There’s not enough time in the day to worry about this crap but you should really work on the way your products work together because they aren’t cheap.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the exact situation .... there has to be a better product !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

agreed!  But how do you use the scale as a regular scale??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I 100% agree. I have to do mine manually now but that really defeats the
purpose of the app and having a wifi scale that doesn't work is crummy.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I use it as a guest and manually input the data. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10+.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  I will have to try that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So frustrating! If you find one lmk 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer