Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale won’t connect to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I move every year, and every year I have to reconnect my WiFi devices. Only the Fitbit Aria takes an hour EVERY time. 

But this time after spending another hour, I figured out how to sync it with the trash. Added my Fitbit Surge with it and bought an Apple Watch.

My life just got much happier 🙂

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

I will  👍👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit needs to refund our money if they are not able to put out a fix to correct this very common issue with their Aria Scales!

D.Smith
Best Answer

Beyond making sure that your wi-fi network operates on 802.11b 2.4GHz band, try also, if possible, to disable Airtime Fairness in the wi-fi settings of your network.

Best Answer

I agree but it won't happen. 

Personally I don't think the care. They just keep trying to sell, sell, sell.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah ...new user here...this sucks. I give up on all fitbit concepts. They obviously do not stand by their devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Users may be getting hung up on the final step:  If you are getting a WIFI ERR message -- possibly you didn't switch back to your wifi network fast enough (immediately after inputting the password while in ARIAXXX mode), so that the scale can connect to your wifi network.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was there any resolution to these internet connectivity issues with the Aria (and other products, for that matter)?  I don't see anything here except "yeah, we know".  I don't use comcast/xfinity; I have spectrum and use a wifi extender.  I moved and previously had the scale connected.  Now, when I go through the set up, I can select the Aria network, but it will not connect to my network.  Why is this such torture?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having similar experience with my aria scale - have been using it for a few years without a problem. But after my Apple Airport died recently, I can't connect the scale to the changed wifi settings. Fitbit support gave me a terse reply with wifi requirements essentially telling me to "figure it out". As you stated, for an expensive product this company doesn't give a crap about keeping customers happy. After looking at the above threads, I can see I'm not the only one with this issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ultimate solution was to reactivate an old WiFi router that I had.  It was a 2.4Ghz, 802.11b clunker but the Aria would talk to it.  2.4 actually can have a better range.  Speed isn't much of an issue. You can probably find one in a second hand store for cheap or ask around.  A friend of a friend may have one kicking around. It will have to be set up as just an access point or it can cause other network issues.  Manuals are usually available on line.   A less than elegant solution but worked for me.  The real test though is coming up when I have to replace the batteries. Do yourself a favour and replace the batteries when setting up on a new router.  It may delay some pain. Good luck with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  My scale connects to my WiFi finally...now it won’t cycle thru the calibration part.  When I get on the scale I get the ERR message!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why do you have "changed wifi settings" ? This seems like a hassle...

Best Answer
0 Votes

What err message do you get? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I step on and off it goes into “sensing mode”. Then I get ERR 

It all started when I changed the batterie!  Then I had WiFi issues. Fixed that. No I have the Sensing ERR issue!  It worked great then this happened. I am going to give this one more shot...then trash it!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying that right now. So far 8 failed attempts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GazeboDweeb you say you had 8 failed attempts. 

We need a little help, you will need to be our eyes. 

At what point does the setup procrss fail? 

Is the phone connected to the same WiFi? 

Do you get any error messages to pass on? 

Is this the first time this scale has been setup? 

Is your WiFi 2.5 enabled? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Rich_Laue,

Thanks for checking in.

My husband weighed in at 7 am this morning and it synched just find, we've
had this scale set up with this same Wi-Fi for years.

But when I went to step on it around 9 am it kept giving me either the no
Wi-Fi symbol after attempting to sync or the big "X" symbol that it
couldn't sync, this is not an uncommon issue, so sometimes I try again a
few times and it works, other times I just change the battery and it goes
right back to being connected.

This time I changed the batteries :battery::battery::battery::battery: and it went back into set up
mode. So I tried to go through the set up multiple times with my phone and
laptop. It will say it's lining and sing the Wi-Fi information but after I
change back to my home Wi-Fi network on my phone/laptop it says "Wi-Fi ERR"
or "No sync"

We have both 2.5 & 5G options setup on our router.

I'm not sure what the issue is.

Ta Ta

Saritah

Sent from a Google Pixel 3
Best Answer
0 Votes

got same problem today, no sync, wifi error 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also suddenly having an issue syncing today. I've had my Aria 1 for many years and it's been connected here in this home for the last 4.5 years with no issue. Nothing on my network or in my home changed yesterday/today.

I've tried going through the setup and connecting to both my Google Wifi Mesh, as well as my Frontier Arris NVG468MQ router. 

Steps I've tried:

1. setup from my phone & setup from my computer
  2. I'm able to connect to the aria network
  3. Then when I come back to my wifi network (I connect to the same network that I selected in the Aria network), the Aria displays
    • Saving
    • Joining wifi
    • Linking to fitbit
    • No Sync
  4. I've tried both selecting "I'm connected" immediately after connecting my phone to the wifi and tried waiting until after the Aria tries to connect to select "I'm connected." Neither seems to make a difference.
Best Answer

There is a known issue preventing syncing on Aria. See this thread for details.

Since this thread is quite old, I'll go ahead and close it to keep the conversation in one place.

Best Answer
0 Votes