Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale won’t connect to WiFi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear Fitbit, the scale is driving me crazy. I just bought the fitbit watch and aria scale and it simply is not working at all. I have now spent 2 hours trying to connect it to the internet. Repeatidly shut down everything from mobile, router, scale, computer, the AriaXXXXXX is simply not to be found.

Please help urgently I am almost to the level that Im going to send the entire package back. This is not user friendly at all

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @AlexM79 let's make sure th as t we e have the first Aria version. The version Fitbit stopped making 4-5 years ago.

Let's check the router settings and which scale.

If you're unsure whether you own an Aria or Fitbit Aria 2,

Turn the scale over and remove the battery cover to see how many batteries it contains. Aria uses 4 batteries, while Aria 2 uses 3 batteries. Aria 2 also has "Aria 2" written on the back of the scale.

WHAT ROUTER SETTINGS DO I NEED TO SET UP AND SYNC ARIA?

Aria connects to your wireless home network and works with any Wi-Fi router that uses the following standards:

• 802.11b frequency setting
  • WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security
  • Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configurations are not supported)

Your SSID and password should contain only alphanumeric characters (e.g. A-Z, 0-9). If you experience issues connecting to a network that uses special characters, change the name of the network to only use alphanumeric characters, and try to connect again.

The latest scale is the Aria Air which uses bluetooth and has no wifi.

Now to setup the Aria

For the setup proceas, please see this page.

Let us know at what step the failure occurs. Note this setup will not work with the Aria 2 or Aria Air.

1. Restart the computer, phone, or tablet that you're going to use to set up your scale.
  2. Make sure your browser allows cookies.
  3. If you're using a computer:
    1. Place your scale within 10 feet of your router.
    2. Ensure that your router is compatible with the 802.11b protocol. For more information, see What router settings do I need to set up and sync Aria?
    3. If the router is connected to your computer with an Ethernet cable, unplug it. The router and computer must be connected over Wi-Fi.
  4. Open a web browser on your computer, phone, or tablet and go to fitbit.com/scale/setup/start.
  5. Tap Get started, then tap it again when you see the pop-up message.
  6. Sign in to your fitbit.com account.
  7. Personalize your Aria by giving it a name and entering the initials you'd like to see on the scale when it recognizes you.
  8. Put the scale into setup mode by removing a battery for 10 seconds and then reinserting it. Tap Continue when the scale's display says "SETUP ACTIVE."
  9. Switch your computer, phone, or tablet to the scale's Wi-Fi network (this will appear as the word "Aria" followed by six characters).
  10. Return to your web browser and tap I'm Connected. You'll see a list of available wireless networks.
  11. Tap the name of your home wireless network. If you don't see your home wireless network, tap Refresh Networks to scan again. If you still don't see your network, tap Join Other Network to enter your network name and password manually.
  12. Enter your network password. Remember that it's case-sensitive.
  13. Tap Submit, and then immediately check your scale's screen as it attempts to connect to your network.
    • If you see a check mark or a smiley face, Aria is connected and you can stand on the scale to complete a weigh-in.
    • If you see an error message, see Why isn't my Fitbit scale working?

To see setup in action, watch our video below (English only):

Best Answer
0 Votes