Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale won’t show body fat or BMI

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Aria 2 will display my weight, but instead of showing body fat or BMI, it just shows a head with a question mark in it, then the app records the weight as guest.  Help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
51 REPLIES 51

I'm having the same issue. Very unhappy. Did anyone get back to you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe this is what you are referring to:

User-added imageYour measurements are close to those of another user and the scale is unsure who you are. If the user icon shown is yours, tap the right side of the scale with your foot. If the user icon is not yours, tap the left side of the scale (which will show the "x").
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes they did. They see where it works one out of every 8-10 tried and thinks I should consider issue "resolved. I disagreed. Still waiting for a recommendation for how to make it show consistently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pal0ma Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is not providing body fat readings. Please restart and re-calibrate your scale again by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 times in a row. Finally, make sure that you are stepping on the scale still and barefoot.

@Rose85 Thank you so much for your contribution and help.

@L-Trane I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they reached you via email. Please reply to their last email and they'll be happy to follow up.

I'll be around if you guys have any doubts!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support team continues to recommend same “solution”; remove batteries and reset. Sometimes can get to work once but then never again. Sometimes continues to not work at all. It clear that a software fixes is overdue as this issue affects so many. 

Best Answer

@L-Trane Thank you for getting back! Since the issue persists after following the troubleshooting steps that our Support team provided, please reply to their last email they sent to you so they can follow up and assist you accordingly.

Don't hesitate to get back if more questions arise! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought scales. I'm so frustrasted... errors ...
Now only shows weight not fat percentage and bmi.

I won't buy any fitbit device anymore. And will not recomend to anyone.

Best Answer

Exact same problem. Paid a lot of money for scales that my cheaper ones do. I think mines going back as Ive been let down with this product.😔

Best Answer

How did you get the body fat to work? I've tried resetting it so many times.

Mine doesn't show bmi or connect with WiFi. Help. How do I actually post in this forum?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found a work around.  Body fat doesn't show on scales. If you tick save in the Fitbit app after weighing yourself then click on the + button at the top of your phone screen you will see your weight log for today twice. Click on save and delete the log that doesn't show the body fat reading. Not ideal but only takes seconds to do. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
Ive had the same problem. Its only showing my weight and no BMI😔. Sorry i
couldnt be more helpful.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad cars and  airplanes don't work like this. Just imagine!

Best Answer
0 Votes