Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scales not connecting to WiFi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like everyone else my Aria scales stop connecting to the ineternet and showing ERR on setup. I read these forums and saw that it was getting fixed. Ive waitied 2 weeks, and seen that its now fixed. I had another few goes today, and I didn't get the ERR message but it refuses to conect. The setup screen lets me put my wifi password in, I've tried 2 different networks. the setup screen says that im now all setup, my scales however are still saying connecting to wifi, and then it goes back to setup mode, then turns off. Ive tried on safari and google chrome and its still an issue.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I'm having the same issue.  The Aria2 will connect to my fitbit app (on my iphone) but then I keep getting the message "CAn't Find Device".  I've tried redownloading the fitbit app, taking the batteries our of my Aria, removing the device and then re-adding it, but nothing is working.

Best Answer

This happens so often and I'm so over it.  Mine will not connect to our WiFi either and I have done the setup steps 3243 times.  Hope you get an answer so I can try it.

Best Answer

I’ve been working on trying to get my aria to sync with my new router for my months now! I’m overjoyed that I’ve finally figured it out. 2.4 and 5 has been separated and 2.4 has been set to channel 11 🙂

Best Answer

I solved the problem for my specific WiFi setup.

I have an Aria2 and Xfinity GigaBit internet.

Symptom: Aria cannot connect to WiFi, which only happened after I upgraded my WiFi router.

Bottom line: modern WiFi routers come with 2.4G and 5 GHz combined and it is the router which automatically selects the WiFi channel for the connecting device.

The problem is that Aria2 can't handle 5 GHz 802.11ac WiFi. (Lesson: "WiFi is not WiFi", there is 802.11g, n, ac, etc.)

I manually changed my WiFi settings and Aria2 is working like a charm now.

Log on to your Xfinity app for your xFi Gateway

Select the connect tab

Click on "See Network"

Click on "Advanced Settings"

Click on "2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi"

Click on "Edit" next to 2.4GHz

Uncheck the box for suggested channel settings

Select channel "1"

Select channel width (if picked 40 MHz)

... and I was off to the races (btw, I had the same problem with my Sense, which is connecting now to WiFi as well)

The core issue was that the router was autoselecting the best WiFi setting and Channel for my FitBit devices.

Lesson learned: the issue is with FitBit behind the latest technology. Fix it by enabling 802.11ac WiFi !!!

Best Answer

I have a new Orbi router and Aria will not connect How do I chage this to stop gettingERR

Best Answer
0 Votes