Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a Sensing Thinking ERR message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My aria is driving me insane. When j stand on it, comes up with sensing step senceing step sensing step and goes between these two for as long as you to stand there. I have changed the batteries. So what do I do?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
61 REPLIES 61

Same for me, nothing was changed except maybe the version updated by Fitbit with they new ERR message, who knows.

If your warranty is over welcome to the group, you will be able to play Frisbee with it.

We should maybe organize some Worldwide Olympiads ? Could be a good idea of promotion.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
I brought new scales    cost £18 by Salter with a 15 year guarantee.   Ok so it doesnt link to fitbit but it does my BMI,  weight and body fat.  At that price I can afford another 5 and with a 15 year guarantee on each I'll be over 100 before I've paid the same price for aria!Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
This is an excellent info for all of us suffering from the inefficiency of Fitbit Inc. after sale services.

Do you still have you broken Aria scale ? Would you be ready to register to the Fitbeat Olympiads and throw your Aria scale as a Frisbee ?

Regards
Best Answer

I’ve been having the same problem. 😡

Best Answer
How many are we at the same time having the same problem. This looks like programmed/planned obsolescence, we shall join our forces and attack Fitbit Inc. through a consumer association in the USA :united_states: . 2 years warranty for a scale that remain on the floor of a bathroom is not enough, it correspond just to the date imposed by EU :european_union: to producers to fight planned obsolescence, 5 years warranty has to be the minimum for that kind of product.

Sent from my phone
Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. I have wasted so many hours trying to solve this very same issue with my scale. I expected so much more from Fitbit. My scale worked just fine for almost a year then I started getting the ERR message after it displays "Thinking" each time I weigh myself. At the very least, I wish it just displayed my weight even if it is unable to connect to the network. With that said, it is able to connect to the network, I have reconfigured it 50+ times successfully. My scale connects once immediately after configuring it before I step on it to weight myself. If fact, the only thing I can do with this scale is configure it. I have tried every suggested procedure I could find posted online. The suggestions offered by Fitbit mignons are by far the silliest. Remove the battery, wait 15 seconds, place the batteries back and weigh  yourself 5 times consecutively. I'm embarrassed to admit I even tried that one. Stepping on the scale and off repeatedly reminded me of one of the exercise equipment at the gym. Unfortunately the height of the Fitbit scale is not adjustable so I didn't burn very many calories that way. Lastly, I need to share something frighting that happened a few days ago. In the middle of the night, I had to use the restroom. If you find that weird wait til you reach the age of 50. The Fitbit scale was on the floor maybe 15 feet away from the toilet where I was peeing. The room was dark until suddenly the scale turned itself on inexplicably. It connected and display SUCCESS then turned itself off.

Best Answer

@Maboga wrote:

In the middle of the night, I had to use the restroom. If you find that weird wait til you reach the age of 50. The Fitbit scale was on the floor maybe 15 feet away from the toilet where I was peeing. The room was dark until suddenly the scale turned itself on inexplicably. It connected and display SUCCESS then turned itself off.

Wait until you are 60 and you will understand why Aria claimed success!

(The latest firmware update seems buggy.)

Best Answer
Hi Maboga,

I have been laughing so much reading your story that I will pass a good day today. I have been doing exactly all the same like you and definitely feel an idiot reading the same message everyday. Shall I continue, I’ll soon have to change the batteries.

I am over 50 and I do have the same type of needs you have at night but unfortunately notwithstanding the fact that my Aria is not so far from the toilet, it never happened to me.

Tonight going back home I will put it right in front my toilet, will try to go to bed not to late, drink a good glass of water and fell a sleep waiting for the right moment.

It would be fantastic to learn that my scale will at least confirm that I still know how to pee in the dark. Shall it happen, the same morning I will go for the big job and let the community know about the result.

After this episode, did you check on the app if it has been updated with a counter showing your successful night pees ? Let me know.

Thank you for your nice story, it created again some affinities between me and my Fitbit scale nevertheless that Fitbit Inc. is a total failure.

What else our broken Aria scale is doing ? Who knows.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear it Erica, I hope you still have the warranty otherwise welcome to the club.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matthew why don't you ask your dog to pee on it you'll maybe get that SUCESS message same as Maboga

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let us know shall Fitbit Inc. ask you to follow their super procedure of taking off the batteries, wait 15 seconds and put them back. At least we will be able to count the number of dump people they think we are.

Best Answer

Did you get your email ? If yes, can we know what they recommend to you ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had it over a year. 😞 Definitely not buying another. It’s too expensive with no long term reliability. 

Best Answer
Ok, you then still are under warranty, they should be able to replace it.

Lucky you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is absurd that this product does not last longer than a year!

Best Answer

It is. They totally abuse consumers, it shall be written on the package that consumer has no option after warranty to return or repair the scale. Can you imagine how many we are worldwide pushed to purchase they new Aria2. Fitbit Inc. shall be condemned from consumer association for such attitude. 

Best Answer

Obviously the Aria problem is Fitbit.

My posts used to be deleted after I reported the issue. I was only able to respond to an existing post. I was even warned about being banned from the community for sugesting to take action to protect our rights. 

Well the number is growing despite all attempts to quell the truth.

At the end I joined the never fitbit club and never a scale that can talk directly to the internet. Only Bluetooth scale that talk to phone app then I let it push to where needed. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue after a battery change. 

Clearly a bad firmware update from Fitbit that they won't admit to.

Best Answer

I have had the same problem since I replaced the batteries a week ago! And it was turning itself in and off so much the batteries are now flat again!

guess I’ll be looking to buy new scales after reading all these comments!

Best Answer

Same problem here! Changed battery now error. Very frustrating!!!  On my 2nd Aria same thing happened with the first one. It’s definitely a product defect. Have been very very careful with the 2nd one. There are issues!!!!!

Best Answer