Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a Sensing Thinking ERR message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My aria is driving me insane. When j stand on it, comes up with sensing step senceing step sensing step and goes between these two for as long as you to stand there. I have changed the batteries. So what do I do?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
61 REPLIES 61

My Aria stopped working on 30/08/22. All I see is "Sensing Thinking ERR" message. Tried all suggested solutions, nothing worked.

Best Answer

I think root cause is cheap weight sensors in the 4 feet.

A few years ago the scale was unable to calibrate, or it wouldn't detect me stepping off, or stepping on, or it would randomly turn on and waste power for hours.

I took it apart, cleaned the feet, and saw that some of them were very worn, which is a problem since somebody decided to make a critical part, meant to flex thousands of times, out of 1/32 thick plastic. Definitely a start-up move, maybe a software writer designed the hardware? Anyway, I swapped pieces around, cleaned it, and it worked for a few more years.

This last year is started getting flaky, killed batteries in a week, etc. I took it apart, cleaned it, put it together, it still complained a lot. It killed the batteries, I changed them and now I just get the ERR message. If I ever get bored enough I'll take it apart and measure all the weight sensors with a an ohmmeter as I suspect 1 or more of them has shorted out or otherwise failed. Normally this would be a replaceable part, but I have a feeling that's not the case this time.

RIP Aria 06/10/2013 - 02/07/2022

PS: what idiot at Fitbit doesn't know the definition of the word "all?" I just had to scroll down, click "show more," scroll down, click "show more" almost 100 times after clicking "show all data" when trying to find out when I first got the Aria. Did they offshore the entire site design to somewhere with no English speakers? Dear Fitbit: 1 little thing being a PITA happens. Every little thing being a PITA speaks very poorly of corporate culture.

Best Answer
0 Votes