Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a "Sensing, Step OFF" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought the Aria close to 3 years ago and have never been super thrilled with the product as it has NEVER once measured BF for any of its synced users - one of the main points of getting this scale. I decided it was something I could live with since all other FITBIT users have apparently experienced the same issue. However, in the last 3-4 months it has kicked it up a knotch when it comes to not working. 

In that time frame it has gone thru countless sets of NEW batteries and thats because it NEVER TURNS OFF!!!! I can step on the scale and it will tell me 'syncing' for 1-2 minutes sometimes or more  and when it moves to the 'step off' line it just scrolls on repeat for an endless amount of time. This has caused the battery life to last all of a week!

Obviously - I have taken out the battery to reset the scale and that has worked for many users but not me. I would go thru the reset process prior to posting this but I am FRESH out of batteries.... 

At this point the scale is useless and will be replaced with a more reliable device if a solution cannot be found. EXTREMELY disappointing giving the price of this scale and the added benefit of it syncing to the FITBIT app,

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42
I have found a happy medium. I just pick the scale up off the floor and out it on its side when not being used. Works fine and love it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Going through 4 batteries per month. Scale runs many times during the day without being touched. After I get off the scale, it cycles through step off and thinking for minutes. Aria CS said take out batteries and replace. This is bad advice as this does not fix the haunting issue of the scale cycling when no-one is near it.

I too was offered the opportunity to buy a new Aria scale at a discounted price. I have $100 into this scale. It is not even 3 years old. My Mom had the same scale for 40 years. She said it cost less than $10. 

My advice is stop buying Fitbit products until they can fix obvious defects. If this was a car, we would get the recall fixed for free. Fitbit should step up and figure out what is wrong with their technology for the scales.

Best Answer

Having same issue. Use the scale maybe once a week.  My brother tells me he is much happier with witherings

https://www.withings.com/it/en/watches

only reason I’ve stayed with Fitbit is sunk cost of aria. So now we both have that switching cost removed. These other watches are more aesthetically pleasing and cost effective.

plus Fitbit seems to be pushing bs ‘plans’ to build revenue.  Better to just switch to competition. They’ve clearly got complacent re standing by their product.

Best Answer
0 Votes