Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a "Sensing Thinking ERR" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I'm getting the following: Step On… Sensing… Thinking… ERR
I've replaced the batteries, reset the aria, reconnected to fitbit, turned upside down and shaken it.
As told by support agent I've open it and confirmed there are no "pinches" on the wiring, I've 3d printed new plastic retainers for all 4 ouf the feet (even though the previous ones looked fine)
I've now connected to UART 1 and am getting the following:

*b 384
*b 387
*b 388
*b 384
*b 386
*b 384
*b 386
*b 384
*b 385
*b 385
Bias: 8.2
Impedance: 393
STEP
OFF
THINKING
fw=15
Slave says it had more to send than we wanted - requested: 8, available: 15
Recoverable error 19. Retrying operation.
Done Tare, value:1, credible:0
fw=15
readn checksum mismatch: 050a!=1fff
Recoverable error 3. Retrying operation.
fw=15
readn checksum mismatch: 0522!=ffff
Recoverable error 3. Retrying operation.
Err: tare fail!
ERR
Waiting 2985ms
fw=15
backlight: 50

So my question is:

what is "Err: tare fail"?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Did you have any luck with this in the end?  Going off your Reddit thread, it looks like you may have given up and gone for another brand of scales.  Did you find something else that successfully syncs weight and body fat percentages back to the Fitbit ecosystem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed I had no luck and as usual fitbit support was less than helpful - I went for the "Withings Body+" which is a reasonable price and does more than any of fitbits offerings, yes I did use it with fitbit's ecosystem for a while, but recently my 5th versa decided to stop working, yes It took me 5 of the things to finally decide to leave the fitbit ecosystem.
I went with "Garmin Venu". Only had it a few months but is already better than fit**ahem**'s stuff.
garmin's dashboard is a bit more complicated, but once you get used to it it's actually better than fitbits.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update.  I just had the misfortune of buying a replacement second-hand Aria for my family, which had allegedly never been used, but now that I have it, it has clearly been used and it's inoperable, never progressing beyond “ERR” after “THINKING”.

We can't justify the cost of an Aria 2 given the virtually non-existent feature differences between it and the Aria 1.  I guess we'll give the Withings Body+ a look.

Best Answer
0 Votes

good luck dude, had mine for nearly a year now, done me well, still going strong it seems.. oh and not once changed a battery even though I use nearly every day

Best Answer