Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a "Sensing Thinking ERR" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Scale started showing weight a few pounds higher last week. Then stopped working altogether a few days later. This is the message I get:

HI 🙂

SENSING

STEP OFF

THINKING

ERR

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

I tried to reset with a paper clip into the tiny hole on the bottom. No change. Tried taking the batteries out for 30 seconds. It turned back on and said SETUP. I got on the scale and it went through the same messages above, from HI 🙂 to ERR. 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I'm having the same problem. Did you get it fixed?

marlen1039@gmail.com

Best Answer

It's not fixed. Maybe the sensor is broken? I thought this was the way to contact Fitbit support? I'm on the phone on hold waiting to talk to support.+1-877-623-4997

However, I've read other posts that they tell customers to buy new scales. If so, I'll look for better one. Someone else mentioned they got a RENPHO one with more metrics then the Aria provides. I think it's the RENPHO smart scale and has 13 metrics:

Body Weight, BMI, Body Fat %, Water %, Skeletal Muscle, Fat-free Body Weight, Subcutaneous Fat, Visceral Fat, Muscle Mass, Bone Mass, Protein, Basal Metabolism, and Body Age. 

Best Answer

I’m dealing with the same issue too...and it’s draining batteries.  Let us know if you get any kind of solution.  I don’t want to buy a new scale!  I have 5 years of data!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't all your data stay in the cloud w/Fitbit?  If I have to replace my scale, I'll get the Renpho one w/13 metrics and set it up to sync with my Fitbit account. 

My old batteries got drained also and I found out while troubleshooting w/customer support.  They were trying to restart or reset my Aria remotely.  I had end the call, go buy new batteries.  When I came back, there was no one available for support anymore. So now I'm waiting for them to email/call me back.

Best Answer

I thought so also. I will call their 800 number tomorrow

--
*"Lies have always been regarded as a Necessary and Justifiable tool of the
Statesman's Trade"*

I asked about having the scale repaired, no response. I don't want to add to world junk pile by throwing it away.

If no response, I'll start looking for an alternative make and ask questions about support before buying.

Live & Learn

I haven't been able to get it working, yet.
I went and threw it in the garbage but then retrieved it as I have my data
on it also.
They, fitbit, sure have poor service.

*"Lies have always been regarded as a Necessary and Justifiable tool of the
Statesman's Trade"*

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

They never emailed me or called me back, so I called them yesterday.  Unfortunately there's nothing else they can do since my scale is 5 years old and the warranty is only 1 year old. I'm guessing the sensor is broken.  So I'm going to buy myself the $35 Renpho smart scale w/13 metrics that I've been eyeing. I paid $100 for the Aria scale on sale (regular price was $130?) and today it costs $50 - but I'm switching manufacturers for more data (and hopefully better reliability).

I'll see if I can dispose of the old Aria scale via electronic waste collection

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please keep me updated.
We are looking for a dependable scale.
Marlen
Best Answer
I bought the Renpho from Amazon.

Niki Boyken
Best Answer

Niki how do you like the RENPHO so far?

Marlen, the RENPHO smart scale with 23 metrics just arrived today. It's smaller and lighter then the Fitbit Aria. I like how quickly it measures and synchs -- about 1/2 the time or less that the old Aria took. I like the 13 measurements it shows. I synched it to my Fitbit account so I can see me weight and body fat on the Fitbit app and my Fitbit Charge 4.

The stats are motivating me to do better with my health. My metabolic age is 5 years older then my actual age 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1617631827528.png

My BMI is so high!

The body fat is further broken down into subcutaneous and visceral fat (the 2nd is the  dangerous one linked to disease and morbidity).

It gives me muscle mass and bone mass in lbs. 

It gives me BMR, basil metabolic rate. Not sure what this means yet, but I think higher is better.

This is a very cool scale!

I hope it lasts. For $35 it's worth trying. You're thinking about it, compare the smart scale with the 13 metrics. I think they have another one that doesn't have all this info.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes