Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a "Step Off Err" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, 

I have just set up my Aria to wifi for the first time which was successful, but now receieve the following messages: 

Hi 🙂 

Sensing

Step off 

Step off

Step off

Step off

Err

I have removed all batteries for a short period and also am only attempting this on a hard surface. All to no avail. 

Are there any other options to get this working? 

Thanks in advance.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
196 REPLIES 196

The one redeeming benefit of my FitBit Aria scale is that it takes AA batteries.  Before throwing this defective, useless piece of junk into the dumpster, I was able to remove the batteries and put them into [drumroll, please] another electronic scale from another manufacturer that *actually works.* 

Best Answer

This still does not work. The Fitbit app on my computer says I have successfully connected my scale and, yet, I am still getting the ERR message.

Best Answer

Lol Good to see that you haven’t lost your sense of humour. My favourite part was hearing the sound it made hitting the bottom of my garbage bin!  Enjoy that new scale. All the best to you and your family.

Best Answer
Is it err 6?
I had to move the scale to a different part of the house to get a signal.
--
-Matt
Best Answer

I found that I had to move it. The floor apparently wasn't level enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Moving the scale is a great idea, as it worked for me too! Once I moved my scale into the garbage bin, I never saw the error again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Lol

Thank you,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
That was a priceless response 😂. I found moving it into my trash bin helped me too. All the best.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No weighting myself 5 times in a row did not work.  Removing the batteries for 10 seconds or while taking a 6 minute shower, my Aria scale still has the ERR message after Sensing, then Step Off, then Thinking.  

I’ve had this scale for about 3 or 4 years and I’ve changed the batteries at least once before and never had any problems.  This time after changing the batteries the scale I rely on day in and day out isn’t working.  

Best Answer

I think they put something in the software.  I had my scale without issue for four years.  The minute I decided to sync it this err popped up.  Haven't been able to fix it with any work around.  I will buy another scale but not from Fitbit.

Best Answer

I am having this same issue.  I've had my Aria for YEARS and have successfully changed the batteries several times.  However, when it called for a battery change about two months ago, I followed the same instructions as I do every time - but this time it didn't work.  I waited a few days and tried again - to no avail.  I've tried reading through several community threads and have attempted to reset many - MANY times.  Why won't this work for me anymore?!  I recently was released from the hospital and my cardiac recovery requires me to weigh myself daily and keep a log.  This is precisely what my FitBit should do for me!  Yet somehow it won't.  Please help!!!

Best Answer

I got it synced. Step off and tap left side with your foot until you see your icon.

I got mine synced. Step off and tap left side until you see your icon. However, I found out my existing Fitbit Aria was that over five years old so would no longer sync. I bought another Fitbit scale which syncs.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
hahahahah good one! i did the same:)
Best Answer

No. It is still no working 

Best Answer

I would hardly call 1around 10 hours use end of product life - if you used the scale every day and it took 30 seconds then it's not a huge amount of time of actual use. 99.9% of the time the scale is just sitting there doing nothing. To call a few hours use end of product life is crazy.

Best Answer

I too am having error message... have taken batterries out etc etc …… Fitbit this is not a new problem  what is a solution?????

Best Answer

I was unable to find a working solution and just went through more batteries trying. Then as I have said earlier, I chucked it in my trash bin and bought myself a non-electronic scale. Each morning I enter my weight manually into my FitBit app. I am a much happier person. I found this company to be very helpful in 2015 when I bought my first FitBit however their level of service seems to have deteriorated over the past few years. I wish you all the best in getting the scale to work for you.

I was unable to find a working solution and just went through more batteries trying. Then as I have said earlier, I chucked it in my trash bin and bought myself a non-electronic scale. Each morning I enter my weight manually into my FitBit app. I am a much happier person. I found this company to be very helpful in 2015 when I bought my first FitBit however their level of service seems to have deteriorated over the past few years. I wish you all the best in getting the scale to work for you.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues and have tried all trouble shooting options given on this post. Help! 

Best Answer
Its over - time for a new scale.
Best Answer
thankyou... yes it has joined other rubbish in my bin... pretty disgusted … off to buy a non electronic one I can trust!
Best Answer