Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a "Step Off Err" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, 

I have just set up my Aria to wifi for the first time which was successful, but now receieve the following messages: 

Hi 🙂 

Sensing

Step off 

Step off

Step off

Step off

Err

I have removed all batteries for a short period and also am only attempting this on a hard surface. All to no avail. 

Are there any other options to get this working? 

Thanks in advance.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
196 REPLIES 196

Tried your fix with no luck, even swapped styrofoam to opposite sensor. 
Also did the old step on Aria 5 times, no joy. 
Reset did not work either. 
These scales are a piece of junk!!

Best Answer

Seems like everyone is having difficulty with Aria. Myself included. All I wanted to do is change my wifi and what a complete frustration. And absolutely no help from customer service. They gave me instructions that didn’t work then IGNORED me. Then I saw that Fitbit is NOT doing updates for Aria. What?? Seems like a tactic to get you to buy a newer scale. I’m only one customer but this does NOT make me want to buy anymore Fitbit products. I think I’m done with Fitbit!

-------

Good luck, I’ve wasted hours trying to simply change my wifi from Rogers to Bell on Aria. Fitbit customer service is useless

Best Answer
100% accurate
Fitbit customer service couldn’t care less
Pretty soon they’ll get it when they have no customers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
They (CS) are mostly useless
Best Answer
0 Votes
Our Aria just flat out died, new batteries were not the cure. Ended up buying a Eufy Life scale for under $30, downloaded their app and it syncs with the iPhone.
Since google bought Fitbit and if their history is any indication, all older hardware is now unsupported.
My Flex 2 has been dispatched to a junk drawer.

Scott

Via my iPhone
Best Answer

nothing works, still ERR

Best Answer

fitbit is no longer doing software updates for Aria scale! Obviously a tactic to get you to spend more money on their products. So save yourself the aggravation and you might be able to use your scale as a paper weight or a door stopper but that's it!

And don't try to email fitbit support because they are no longer doing that either! They just send you an email (no reply email address) saying they are no longer doing email support and to go online and find the answer yourself! What???? I thought there are laws in Canada about businesses standing behind their products?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.

We have had our scale for years and yesterday I moved it out of the bathroom and into the bedroom and since then it’s doing this non stop. 
I tried everything here and nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can Fitbit just answer one question? (I have an Aria, just Aria, so I think it’s the original scale)…

I keep getting sensing, step off, ERR, will I ever be able to get this scale to function?

I have successfully changed the wifi.

please advise…I’d hate to throw out a perfectly good scale because Fitbit is no longer doing software updates.

Best Answer
Best of luck 🤞
Best Answer
I ended up buying a new scale. Not Fitbit
Best Answer

Me too. I just bought an inexpensive normal “old school” scale that doesn’t connect to anything…too much aggravation. It doesn’t give me anything but my weight but it’ll never be obsolete lol. I can’t believe how many times I asked Fitbit for a straight answer on whether or not my Aria scale will ever work again or is it just an expensive paper weight…they never answer! Non existent customer service!

Best Answer

With the risk of sounding old: nothing is made to last anymore.

I tried factory reset on my Aria and setting up the device again. Fitbit app says that software updates for this product have been discontinued. Certain features may not work as expected.

By certain features they mean THE feature... weighing. I could understand losing connection with the app or my account as their software has been updated over the years but this thing does not even give me the weight anymore. Just show me the number and I'll add it to my account manually! 

Oh well, back to analog.

Best Answer
At the risk of sounding old myself, I totally agree. All about money these days, nothing else. I purchased a plain, old school scale that just gives me my weight, nice and simple and only $25. I’m done with Fitbit that’s for sure!!

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

I have done the same

batteries out for 5 min

step on and off 5 times with err message

barefoot

flat surfsce

Best Answer

It's called "planned obsolescence" -- it's all about making money and piling-up more useless trash for the planet and future generations.

Best Answer

Exactly! It’s so irresponsible and our government does nothing about businesses that put huge profits over the environment. I literally threw a perfectly good scale in the garbage all because Fitbit will no longer do software updates on older scales. No more Fitbit products for me!

Best Answer