Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a "Step Off Error" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Getting this error message after changing batteries.  Tried all the troubleshooting methods below.

On a hard flat surface - check
In bare feet - check
Fresh batteries - check
Weigh myself 5x to calibrate Aria - check

Tried a hard reset with pin and sill no luck

Would you be willing to provide me a discount off new scale if no other suggestions?

thanks 

Barry

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I’m having the same problem! Tried all of the above but nothing. Looking forums, it seems a common problem with no solution except, but another one ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed - same issue - I haven't been using the scale for a number of months - but today I troubleshooted this exact  issue and it seems a common one.My recommendation is to reach out to customer support, but I doubt you will be a discount if you have had a scale more than a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read several threads about the Aria suddenly starting the Step off...Step off...Step off...ERR message.  Reset did not work, stepping on it five times did not work, etc.  I finally read about someone who found some broken plastic bits inside, that caused the multiple sensors to cause the software to be confused, ending in ERR.  So I opened up our Aria, and in looking for any broken plastic bits I found none!  But in examining the four sensors, I discovered that the white platic assembly had come loose from the black plastic clip that would usually hold the white plastic assembly in place; instead it 'floated'...evidently causing the ERR.  I pushed it back in place, put batteries in to dry run a test without the case, and IT WORKED again.  So I put the bottom cover back in place, and our Aria is once again working!

--Wilton

Best Answer