Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a "Step Off - Sensing error" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria 2 has been doing some unusual things. I've had a look at some of the other threads but not sure they exactly match my situation.

The scale has been in the same place on a hard wood floor for about three years, and last had the batteries changed about four months ago. Since that time it has been working normally.

Suddenly, about a month ago, one morning the scale didn't recognise my wife any more - my name/details were still there but she showed up as "GUEST". 

About a week after that, I started getting what other people have described as the "Step Off - Sensing" error. Here's what happens:

• I walk into the room and can see the scale is "off" - there is nothing on the display.
  • When I get about one metre away (before I even step on) it the display shows "STEP" then changes to "SENS".
  • It then repeats this pattern over and over "STEP" > "SENS" > "STEP" > "SENS" > "STEP" > "SENS" ...  It doesn't even scroll to display the full message text - it looks like it wants to scroll, but the display changes after to the next word too quickly.
  • This goes on for quite some time - long enough that I haven't seen it stop yet. But eventually I'll leave the room and if I come back later in the day the display will be blank, then it starts up again as I walk across the room.
  • If I actually step on the scale, I get the full "STEP OFF" message, then it says "THINKING" for a couple of seconds, then goes back to the same "STEP" > "SENS" loop.   

After this had been happening for about a week, the batteries ran out. I replaced them, went through the full setup process, and afterwards, the same thing happens.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Fitbit Ionic (v27.32.4.18) and Surge HR (v16.34.6.1). Phone: HTC 10, Android 8.0.0 (v3.20.710.2)
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Totally understand!! Same thing is happening to me and no one can figure it out!! Really sucks - machine worked for a couple of years. I asked Fitbit to replace and they won't. I hope someone figures this out!!

Best Answer