Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a "Step off Sensing Thinking Error" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey,

Every time I change the batteries in my Aria scales it takes several hours to get them working again. However this time I cannot get them to work.

1. I've replaced the batteries

2 I've gone through a new setup - wifi connected etc

3. Stepped on and off 5 times/removed battery combo

4. rest by pushing the reset button on the underside

5. Now getting: Step off - Sensing - Thinking - Error

I've had the scales during my weight loss journey and really don't want to have to buy a new scale. How can something as simple as changing the batteries require so much faff. 

Help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Was there ever a response to correct this situation.  The scale is syncing to my phone but still get the error message.

it would be nice if someone would tell us how to fix it!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.  Seems like when you need to change the batteries,  fitbit decides it's time you bought a new one.  ERR ERR aghhhhhh

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you experiencing this problem with the Aria 2 scale or Aria 1 scale? Me and my family bought the Aria 1 scale I'd say some time around 3-4 years and every time we had to switch the batteries, we experienced this miss connection between the scale and the WiFi (It would take 30-60 Mins to resolve EVERYTIME).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aria 1

Wifi connection is fine.   Simply changed the batteries and a week later started doing this

HI

SENSING

STEP OFF

THINKING

ERR

Reset the scales, reconnect to wifi and still broken.  Seems just so coincidental and common that this occurs after changing the batteries.

Best Answer

Mine is the original scale, I’ve had it a few years. I get the same issue everytime I change the batteries but this time I can’t resolve it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s exactly what is happening to me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well ive just chucked it away now and ordered a new one.   Wanted to change brand but my wife has other fitbit products and wanted to keep all her data in one place. Bit of a trap really. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Called Fitbit about the ERR code on original Aria scale that I had for 4 years. They said it's a calibration issue and there is nothing they can do and offered me free shipping on a new scale. Very disappointed that such an expensive scale only lasts 4 years with minimal use. Plus I always had problems with the

Best Answer
0 Votes

The response from Fitbit is buy a new product.  I had this same issue three years ago and they replaced it.  Back then Fitbit was a different, more customer oriented company.  They don't seem to care much now.  But good news, I did buy a new scale...just not theirs. 

Best Answer