Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a "Step off - Sensing - Thinking" Error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

As many of the FitBit Aria users is seems that my unit has gone into "Step off - Sensing - Thinking - Error" mode.

I've read through the other similar threads, done the trouble shooting:

Remove one battery, wait 10 seconds, replace the battery, setup mode comes active and so on.

I've tried the same with fresh batteries.

Redone the setup process with both the web and the mac app.

Same result every time: Step off - Sensing - Thinking - Error

There have been no changes to my wifi network and I always use it bear footed.

I´ve even gone through the bother to remove all unknown devices that ever connected to my wifi router, just to be sure that I'd get a new network device, the aria, and guess what nothing happened.

This was done with the scales and computer both at less that a meter away from the wifi router. 

What can I do more?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

For those of you having Aria errors many of which are related to broken foot mounts here is a great DIY repair video to get your  scale apart and diagnose the problem. Unfortunately, if the plastic mechanical relay is broken; if glue does not work, you are looking at a 3D printing part solution. 

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeWzibIgPW4

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read somewhere that Fitbit (Google) are no longer doing software updates for the Aria scale rendering it useless. So a perfectly good scale that I paid lots of money for is now useless and the company that sold it to me made it that way. Fitbit should refund every customer as the scales are fine but they (Fitbit/Google) made them useless? What? Bad for the environment!!

Best Answer