Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a "WiFi ERR" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My scale has worked for 2 years but on March 18th it started reading WiFi err. Nothing has changed on my WiFi and I tried to change my settings like a few posts said to WiFi mode b but that didn’t work. Any other suggestions?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

@drausch1965 Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Thank you also for sharing the workaround that you followed in order to connect your Aria to your network.

Have you heard about our Discussions board? In this thread you'll be able to tell your stories, meet more people and start your own topics.

See you later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

having same issue since I updated fitbit. Guessing firmware was updated on the scale. now its a paperweight. have tried setting up at least 50 times. setup steps are a pain the butt. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tjonesy3 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale stopped connecting to your network. I want to follow up on this issue and would like to know if the issue continues or if your scale could be set up.

In the meantime, let me know how also what is the make and model of your router.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got done chatting with support on this very topic. Solution - Sorry we put defective sensors in the scale, your warranty is up, buy a new scale at a discount for $100. This is complete BS, I purchased this expensive scale and it only lasted me 3 years! What, It has known defective sensors and there is nothing you want to do about it but get more money from me. When you knew these sensors were defective why didn't you reach out to us and let us know, instead you just wanted to wait for our warranties to run out for us to find out! I can't believe what poor customer support this is. Very disappointed in Fitbit right now, changed my view of the company.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NCGNCC Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale experienced the same issue and I truly understand your frustration about this.

I also appreciate your feedback and comments. This information will be forwarded to our team as it helps us to keep improving.

I'll be around if you have any doubts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree with NCGNCC. This has changed my view of Fitbit, a company at one time I desired to work for. I have since moved on from all Fitbit products and plan to move my wife too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rynetyme Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I'm sorry to hear that Fitbit products didn't fit your expectations. I've sent your feedback to our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scale still doesn't connect to wifi.  I can use it and I enter my weight & body fat manually into the fitbit app.  When his scale dies I won't be purchasing another one from Fitbit, I'm disappointed that they put out an expensive product that only works under certain circumstances.  The average person isn't going to know how to check their router settings and to be honest, they shouldn't have to.   How come other manufacturers can make products that work for the average person?  

I spent way too much on a scale that doesn't work from a company who knows it doesn't work but refuses to help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bunnieo Thank you for getting back! I definitely understand your frustration about this issue. Our team is still reviewing this issue and expect to have an update soon. The update will be posted in this thread.

I appreciate your patience with this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

My Aria is not connecting to the Wifi, and it no longer appears in my account. Can you help me with the set up and the WiFi err?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, I wish I could. I got the scale to work and then it stopped again. Gave up and just logged manually when I thought about it. The problem was only resolved when our community changed to using Hotwire Communications in lieu of Infinity/Comcast.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please help!  Loved my Aria scale and no problems until I had to switch wifi service and thus my wifi network.  Went through all the basic steps MULTIPLE times given by fitbit itself to change wifi network.  Didn't work. Surely in these years they would have figured it out?  My Aria is now stuck "knowing" the new WiFi but unable to join either from IOS devices or from my windows PC notebook.    I have spent hour reading and  trying various approaches but as a nontech person can't follow the more complex suggestions.  Right now, I just want to get my Aria to act like a normal nontech/nonconnected scale so I can "guestroom it" and not have to buy a new scale.  I can load the info to link with my Fitbit Versa manually.  I have written support and not heard back. Sad that these reports have not inspired Fitbit to find an easy answer for years now.  Will never buy another scale through them again.  Any help appreciated in normalizing it!  Thank you very much!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wish I could help but I was never able to resolve the issue when I had Infinity/Comcast. Then our community changed WiFi carrier to Hotwire & suddenly it worked again. No idea what changed except we have 5G now & if I recall was told Aria didn’t work with 5G. So frustrating when the product manufacturers can’t help fix their problems. So sorry I can’t help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply and your sympathy!  And you have given me one last thing to try, since I have both 2 G (which I was using) and 5 G.  So just in case, I will try!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is Kate’s post?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kate's post doesn't provide a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason I cannot see what is in Kate's Post. I have the first generation scale. My internet provider is actually Verizon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue. I went to the link on Kate's post and it said I did not have a permission so I do not know the workaround. My provider is through Bell Canada.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a wifi err code 

my wifi is with Aussie broad band 

I have tried resetting it up again and again where I am wasting time and energy 

Mine too 

my router 

NBN google nest 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google nest via NBN Australia

Best Answer
0 Votes