Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows an "ERR" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just and update. I had and aria do the whole ERR message thing and customer support told me I could fix it by buying a new one. They don't even have service centers to try and fix them. Anyway, now my parents Aria is doing the same thing after just over a year of use. Convenient how they stop working right after the warranty date. 

Fitbit Aria = garbage. 

Anyone else?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

I agree with everything you said. Sad, Fitbit used to be all about customer service. No Longer

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IrishMo @Diansar @Tprothro I appreciate your feedback and comments about this issue. We’re aware of the issue, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you were hoping for, but rest assured we are always working to improve our products.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Too late, too slow.  I bought someone else's product. Bye bye.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

My Fitbit aria is a sensing ERR

can this be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep. By buying another scale.

Sorry for bad news

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the things below several times, no fix. My main issue is we only replaced the batteries, after changing the scale can only say err. Arr would be nicer.
@JuanJoFitbit wrote:

@Harlin68 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thank you for troubleshooting the "ERR" message that your Aria scale is displaying. Let me go ahead and follow up on this issue. I'd like to know if your scale has been moved and it's placed on an even or flat surface. In the meantime, re-calibrate it by weighing yourself 5 consecutive times. If this has been done, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly

Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thank you for troubleshooting the "ERR" message that your Aria scale is displaying. Let me go ahead and follow up on this issue. I'd like to know if your scale has been moved and it's placed on an even or flat surface. In the meantime, re-calibrate it by weighing yourself 5 consecutive times. If this has been done, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes the aria Scale is on a flat even suface, and I just tied stepping on the scale 5 consecutive times to get it to recalibrate.

It is still reading ERR message.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Gregs2 @myscaleisbroken Thank you for your feedback.

@mmmckeever1052 Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, let me go ahead and send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution for you. Please keep an eye on your email account.

@Harlin68 Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps provided before!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the Fitbit ERR message issue. After changing batteries, reconnecting to network, and taking batteries out several times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mysanders Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is also displaying an "ERR" message, even though you have troubleshooted this issue properly. I would just like to know if your Aria is placed on an even or flat surface and you are stepping on it barefoot.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes to both of those.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I did!...I finally gave up and tossed it...I ended up buying a cheaper scales for $30 bucks and works the same, the aria scale takes the record for the most money I ever spent on a product that failed quickly, and unfortunately it sounds like I am not the only one..too bad...I hope the Fitbit watches don’t start to junk out too.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Mysanders Thank you for getting back! Let me send your case to our Customer Service department so they can follow up and proceed accordingly. They'll reach you via email soon.

@mmmckeever1052 I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria scale and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh no the same thing just happened to me. I had to change my wifi password and went to reconnect and now I have an err message. Fitbit really needs to do a recall on this. It is completely unacceptable to have a known issue and do nothing about it! So dissappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called Fitbit numerous times, logged into numerous FAQ message sites and I finally decided it was a bad product.

I have a Fitbit blaze that still works, once that craps out I am going to another manufacturer, I was ripped off by Fitbit when I bought that scale, and yes they do know it was defective.

Misilynn 

you are correct FITBIT does know of the issue and will do nothing, I am waiting for my blaze to wear out and I am going with another manufacturer.

my aria only lasted less than a year and I called Fitbit numerous times, logged onto numerous websites, Fitbit ripped us all off, I threw mine away along time ago and will never buy from this manufacturer again.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MishiLynn Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I want to follow up on this issue and would like to know the following details that will help me to assist you accordingly: is your Aria scale displaying a "Sensing Thinking ERR" or a "WiFi ERR" message?

@mmmckeever1052 Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also moved on to Withings. Much better quality!

Fitbit just don't want to see that the amount of people complaining here is a reason to think there is something really wrong with your product.

Crappy hardware and crappy support, I moved on and leave Fitbit behind.

Withings it is!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErikN I'm sorry about the inconvenience you had with your Aria scale. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I bought an Aria about 3 years ago and for the last few months it has been displaying on and off throughout the day an "Step Off...Thinking" message when no one is on or near the scale. The consequence is that it needs new batteries every week or so. 

I have tried to reset and reconnect to Wi-Fi.

Is there any solution or am I just to accept that Fitbit products have a very short life span and the only option is replacement; which clearly I will not be doing if this is all I can expect from products. 

thanks  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JClough Welcome to our Fitbit Community I'm sorry for the late response. However, I want to follow up on the "Sensing Thinking ERR" issue that your Aria is experiencing. Thank you by the way, for resetting the scale before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try one more workaround that has been helpful. Please take out the batteries and clean the contacts of your scale with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. This will remove the dust that the contacts accumulate. Finally, put the batteries back in and weigh yourself 5 times and see if the error message disappears.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes