Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows an "ERR" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just and update. I had and aria do the whole ERR message thing and customer support told me I could fix it by buying a new one. They don't even have service centers to try and fix them. Anyway, now my parents Aria is doing the same thing after just over a year of use. Convenient how they stop working right after the warranty date. 

Fitbit Aria = garbage. 

Anyone else?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121
This was done as well. I ended up having to replace the scale with another model.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mysanders I'm sorry to hear that you decided to use another brand. I respect your point and your decision.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a great suggestion. Please devise an update for the Aria 1st gen to stop the ERR message that so many loyal customers seem to be having.  There are many many posts from angry customers having the same issue and thats probably just the tip of the iceberg. How many haven't bothered to report it and just binned the scale instead.  You have the ability to make so many customers happy and to rebuild the FitBit reputation.  If you can't fix this, can you at least explain why it is happening to so many and why we are being told by customer support to remove a  battery, stand on the scale 5 times etc which appears to have worked for NOT A SINGLE CUSTOMER!

Best Answer

Same issue here!  My Aria 1 stopped working after a battery change, just like all the others.

Fitbit - Please correct the issue or lose customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
in case it helps - Fitbit recommended cleaning the battery terminals with a cotton bud and some white spirit. It worked once but then the same fault occurred after a little while.

I have now binned the scales and bought some "feelfit" scales from amazon at a fraction of the price which seem to do pretty much the same thing.

All the best.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, ERR message on screen I have tried removing battery, then turned on and tried for a few times and it did not work. I also tried configuring again the scale, but it did not work. 😞 So sad since just a couple of days before it was working!.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!  I know your post is over a year old now but I was hoping to still had the directions for fixing the err message on the Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately the only directions you have is to toss it.

I spent way too much time arguing with Fitbit, they will not stand behind the product.

Sorry

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm another victim of the aria scales Err message. 

I contacted support who stated it is a known fault but no fix. They are just 'faulty'

The suggestion made was to remove battery initially. Then step on with dry bare feet! I was astonished by the lack of knowledge and complete disregard for customer service.

I even called, waited over 15mins to be told noone from the correct aria department was available.

I tried splitting broadband prior to contacting the official support but they really couldn't be called customer support with such terrible service. 

I won't be purchasing anymore scales as again suggested by customer 'support'. Why would anyone if the outdated technology cannot be fixed. 

Even amazon reviews are all negative lately on the scales. Sats it all! 

Best Answer

Just had a great experience with Fitbit Customer Support regarding this same issue.

They are sending me a replacement Scale and as My Aria is no longer sold they upgraded it to an Aria 2 It would seem all the feedback here must have changed their approach.

I am very happy with the outcome and are now awaiting the arrival of the new Aria 2.

Great job Fitbit Team!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am happy for your outcome, unfortunately they are way too late for me, they ignored 22 people I know of personally 3 years ago when I fist started this post, great watches but terrible scales...Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Getting the "Thinking ERR" message on my Aria scale, how do I fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Throw it away...Fitbit will be absolutely No help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit scales say to get off then say error I’ve no help with this issue ? 

Best Answer
I am sorry about that, I called and called Fitbit and determined that it was a hardware error...I finally threw mine away, bought a cheaper scale and I have had for the last 3 years.

It’s junk I am afraid

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It looks like mine be going in bin too, but I won’t be buying another Fitbit ever again as there not cheap and last 2 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Your EXACTLY where I was 4 years ago...I pod over $100 for that scale and it only worked for about a year and I started getting the same ERROR message, I spent the next 4 months trying to get them to fix it but it was out of there 1 year warranty...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s shocking for the price

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

lucky you, Ive spent months trying to get this junk working after moving apartments. I just want to find out how much I weight, nothing more nothing less - you need to be a computer genius to get this rubbish to work. Unfortunately I only been a linux systems administrator since 1995 when the internet began. Good luck - I think getting unemployment benefits would be easier.

Its not that good!

I am second gen and I cant get mine to work, sure I can setup an account, add avatars, chat with  people all over the world - the only thing I cant do is know my weight.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

My family & I been a FitBit customers for almost a decade. A few weeks ago after changing out the batteries in you Aria scale, it started repeatedly flashing STEP OFF for several minutes before ERR pops up. After changing the batteries again and resetting it to the internet, it says SENSING, THINKING, ERR. I’m really frustrated as I had a baby a few months ago and I’m working on losing the pregnancy weight but can’t track it when the scale doesn’t work. We’ve had an Aria scale since 2015 with no issue until now.

Is there a solution to this problem or not???

Best Answer
0 Votes