Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows an "ERR" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just and update. I had and aria do the whole ERR message thing and customer support told me I could fix it by buying a new one. They don't even have service centers to try and fix them. Anyway, now my parents Aria is doing the same thing after just over a year of use. Convenient how they stop working right after the warranty date. 

Fitbit Aria = garbage. 

Anyone else?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

Time for new scale from a new company. Worst customer service I have ever seen. Trashing all Fitbit products. Tell everyone you know to stay away. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Those were my EXACT words when I posted this...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi, and thanks for posting this. I took out the batteries of my Aria 1 after it would sense, think, and then display ERR. I took all 4 batteries out for 20 seconds and then weighed myself 5 times but always got the error message. 

The scale seems to keep saying “STEP OFF” even after I’ve stepped off. We’ve also had a recent problem with the batteries draining very quickly  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit,s overpriced scale is definitely a bad product, and the customer service is even worse, I along with several other customers had the exact same issue with that ERROR message,
I finally threw mine away and went and bought one for $39 and I have had it for over 6 years and it works perfect.

So do yourself a favor and throw it in the trash like so many of us have already done.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

What scale did you end up getting? Did it sync with your Fitbit account?

Best Answer
I never bought any more fitbit items and throwed my fitbit away. one of first people to but fitbit when came out and always updated. lost a valued customer.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like mine just went out too.

Tried the fixes I've seen, no go.  Funny thing is that it shows it syncd in the app last night, but stopped working last week Wednesday.  Must be the scale part I guess.

Actually got a few years out of mine... Sorry to see others didn't get that long. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria haven't been syncing since March either. It says in the app it's synced, but it doesn't sync either weight or body fat measurements. On the display it shows "Sensing, Thinking, ERR".

I've tried to fix this with bot connecting it back onto the WIFI and also disconnecting it from the app and connecting it from the start again. The display still shows "ERR", and no measurements are synced to the app.

At least the scale should be able to show me my weight, but it doesn't look like it's going to do that either anymore.

Best Answer
Total waste of money would never buy another Fitbit device again and I had owned loads.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with you about the scales, I believe Fitbit had a very bad product and DID NOT stand behind it.

I have always said the same thing about the watches, but my last watch is still working well so I have never need to replace it…but when I do I will not buy another

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Kun jij mij ook de sturen  ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
43 / 5000
Translation results
ik begrijp het niet , stuur wat ook naar jou

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same issues. Come on, Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine failed to connecting a wifi router, simply  not found my router's SSID, even manual input is no lucky, finally I changed the wifi channel from 12 to 11,solved it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I have solved the problem of ERR on my Aria Scales. I got frustrated because the scale was lighting up with “Step Off” at odd times, then showing ERR and was using up batteries really quickly. I read a post about taking the Aria apart and glueing a plastic part of the feet. I have found that by putting the scales on a book so that the four feet are no longer touching the ground the problem has gone away. I just take the scales off the book to weight myself, then put it back on the book. So far so good. But I agree Fitbit products, software and support are rubbish and I will never buy another Fitbit product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Remove the batteries for 10 seconds and reinsert them. Be sure the scale is placed on an even surface and weigh yourself again. 

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LeVuong  you are not an employee of Fitbit and shouldn't tell people to email you. Customer support is done by Fitbit and help is available on the forums, but Fitbit NEVER gives out a random email address for someone to contact.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
What are you on about ive never asked anyone to email me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @debbie24375  when you make a post on the Fitbit forums, unless you go back and request it, you will receive an email notification of any new posts made to the thread. No one here knows your email - it's just an automatic thing to let you know a post was made. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@debbie24375 check @Odyssey13 's post again. She has tagged a specific user and her post is addressed to this specific user. This is the way tagging works. 

Best Answer