Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria stays on even after stepping off it and batteries drain

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The weighing machine does not go off even after stepping off it. The battery is thus consumed without any activity. Does not go off at all.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

mine does the same thing.  I called customer service, they had me do what I already tried, replacing batteries, recalibrating ect.  Obviously the sensors are not working.  My fit bit had a 1 year warranty, in which I was 1 year past.  so basically told nothing they could do.  very disappointed that  $100 scale just lasted 2 years.   I will not be buying another one.  Amazon has scales half the price that sync with fitbit, I will give that a try

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hurry Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale stays on even after stepping off it. I'd like you to try the following: take out the batteries and clean the contacts of your scale with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. This will remove any dust from the contacts. Finally, put the batteries back in (make sure they're alkaline) and see if the issue gets fixed.

@SunsetRunner Thank you for joining our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale's sensors are not working and I'm also sorry that it's no longer under warranty. I totally understand how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the exact same thing. So frustrated. Have not contacted Fitbit yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have cleaned the terminals which seemed to be OK but never the less since advised, did the same. Have reloaded with new batteries and will check if the scale is functioning properly and going off to reduce load on batteries. Will revert in a few days or moment I see something ODD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the Aria after cleaning terminals and replacing with new batteries. Now the system does not function properly. Standing on the scale, the system continues to indicate STEP OFF. this continues without indicating weight etc. In other words the Aria is now malfunctioning. Unfortunately FITBIT has no service centre and therefore very difficult to diagnose. The cost of the scale is Rs 8000/- and one wonders why one bought it with no after sale service. At 84 it is difficult to run from pillar to post.

Best Answer
0 Votes