Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria stuck on "Joining Wifi"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Aria screen stuck on "Joining Wifi" and factory reset doesn't help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

@JoeJoe19 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale doesn't connect to your network. Please try taking out one battery for 15 seconds and put it back in. Once your Aria shows the "Setup Mode", press firmly the 2 lower squares of the scale with your hands and proceed with the setup process as described in this help article.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is still showing "Joining Wifi" after taking out the battery. I have also pushed the reset button with a paperclip and it is still saying the same thing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoeJoe19 Thank you for getting back and trying the steps listed above. Since the issue persists, I'd like to know the following details that will help me to determine the cause of the issue: What is the make and model of your router? Is your router running the protocol 802.11b and bandwidth 2.4GHz? If you need help to find out these details, please contact your Internet service provider. Finally, does your WiFi password contain special characters?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Spectrum RAC2VIK and the protocol is 802.11 and 2.4Ghz.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoeJoe19 I appreciate the time you took in providing the information of your router. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently moved and am trying to reconnect my Aria with my new network. I am getting stuck in the same "joining wifi" loop and have tried using multiple iphones, ipads, macbooks, and windows 10 machines and cannot get past the issue. I am also using Spectrum, and the only difference in this network and my former one is one character in the SSID

Best Answer
0 Votes

@artemis76 I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! I'm happy to assist you with the setup issues that you are experiencing with your Aria scale.

I'd just like to know a few details:please let me know what is the make an model of your new router. Also, make sure that your router runs the protocol 802.11b, bandwidth 2.4GHz and there is no special characters in your WiFi password. You can review these details with your Internet service provider.

Looking forward to your response! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have never heard anything from the support team on this issue!

I never got this issue resolved. I left the battery in until it ran down and the "Joining Wifi" went away! I just use it as the guest bathroom scale and it is not connected to my Fitbit app. I bought a new scale and moved on!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoeJoe19 I'm sorry for the late response. However, I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they'll get in touch with you via email soon. They will make sure to follow up with the connection issues that you've experienced with your Aria scale.

Please keep an eye on your email account.

I'll be around if you have any doubts! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s disappointing that the Aria relies solely on the 802.11 b protocol. My router is the ac protocol but I can supposedly enable b g or n so I will give that a try. Does the Aria 2 also rely on such antiquated technology as well?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@artemis76  I know how frustrating this is for you and thank you for sharing your feedback.

Regarding your question, both Aria scales need the protocol 802.1b or mixed mode (b,g,n) in order to sync and get set up.

Let me know how it goes! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

So apparently the new ATT routers can’t downgrade to 802.11b, any suggestions? Used to love my Aria but now I can’t connect to WiFi so its pointless having a ‘smart’ scale 😩

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, even though my router shows it is using the mixed protocol I can't connect because it's 802.11ac

Best Answer
0 Votes

The router shows that it's using the mixed g/n protocol but I can't seem to find b as an option. I just took the batteries out of the scale until I can get hold of someone at Spectrum as they have the router locked down and I cannot get into the settings they describe on their website to see if b is possible

I can't even use the scale manually at this point, it just automatically goes back to trying to connect to the wifi that I no longer have (but someone in this building has the same name, but obviously not the password that I had on my previous Spectrum network)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same issue, right down to the Spectrum internet. Have you been contacted with a resolution yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

They finally reached back out to me with the same answers over and over again. I left the batteries in and let them run down until it now operates as a regular scale. I purchased a new scale and it works fine with my Spectrum wifi!

Best Answer
0 Votes

having the same issue with my aria scale.  disappointed.   It sounds like an Aria 2 wouldn't even solve he problem

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, ended up getting a new scale because neither Aria works with ATT's new modems.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently moved and now have Spectrum. I have been trying for weeks and countless frustrating hours to connect and cannot get past the joining Wifi stage. What was their solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes