Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria weighs 5 lbs heavier for the first weigh in

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria will display a weight that is 5 lbs greater on the first weigh in than on the second.  This happens every time.  For example, I step on and weigh 280.  I step on again right after and I weigh 275.  This happens to my wife as well.  It is always 5 lbs and always from the 1st weigh in to the second.  The second weigh in of 5 lbs less is in alignment with the Dr. visit weigh in.  

Can this be corrected?  I called support several months ago and they were no help.  I asked about setting back to factory settings and she warned against this saying it would mess upothe scale.  Well, for me, its messed up now.  

Please help

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

@Craig75028 Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Aria scale tracks 5 lbs on the first weigh in. Please take out the 4 batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times. After you have weighed yourself, have your wife to weigh herself 5 times in a row as well. This will re-calibrate your scale. Finally, test your scale for the next 48 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Juan

Thank you for the reply, however, it didn't work.  It still has the same issue

What's next?

Craig

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Craig75028 Thanks for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps provided above! I'd like you to try one more workaround that is helpful for this type of issues. Please try setting up your Aria scale from scratch. Once your scale is set up, weigh yourself again a few times and see if the issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Juan

I completed the set up and weighed myself 7x. The weight only varied by 1-
1.5 lbs.

Thanks for your help

Craig
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Craig75028 I'm glad to hear that your scale is providing more accurate readings. I just recommend stepping on the scale without moving and weighing yourself in the morning at the same time before eating, exercising and even drinking water. Please try following these details and monitor it's behavior and let me know if you see something unusual.

See you later my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

JuanJo

I am back with the same issue.  My scale is weighing 5lbs less the second weigh in when I weigh back to back.  I am posting again now since I pulled my scale from the closet and started weighing in again for my weight loss challenge with family and friends.  I am looking at buying another brand of scale, but wanted to check one last time to see if there are any additional options to get my Aria to provide a consistent and accurate weight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bates75028 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not providing accurate weight readings either. If you haven't done so, please restart and re-calibrate your Aria by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times. This will refresh your Aria internally.

As an aside note, make sure that your scale is on a hard surface and you are standing on it barefoot.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I followed the instructions. Still having the same issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bates75028 Thank you for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps shared above. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Craig75028 You are very welcome! I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never received the email communication from the Fitbit support team you referred my case to
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bates75028 I'm sorry for this inconvenience. I was able to contact our Support team and was told that they will get in touch with you via email soon. Please keep an eye on your email account.

In the meantime, check out the spam or junk folders of your email account. There are times that some emails go to those folders.

Let me know if you get their email! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Experiencing the exact same issue now (minus the wife). Been deleting the -5 weigh-ins so happy to hear that Im actually 5 lbs less. 

Interestingly, my Arya seems to think someone is always on it (ie its always displaying Step off) so I need to store it on its side so the batteries wont run out. 

Maybe the glass is stuck somewhere?

Best Answer
0 Votes