Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria will not connect to new network

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have spent over an hour trying to reconnect my scale to a new network without any luck!

I tried interfacing with my cell phone. I get into Aria but once I click the "I am Connected" button and after several long minutes of "connecting" I get the failed to connect message. 

I tried interfacing with my laptop. I get into Aria, I click the "I am Connected" button, and up pops the join networks options but my WiFi is not listed.

There are no unusual characters in my network name and I do have both 5ghz and 2.4ghz network options available to me but no matter how often I refresh, my networks do not show yet they show up on all my other mobile devices.

And adding salt to the wound is that each time I try again, I have to go through every friggen step again! Its so asinine especially knowing the kind of money you guys charge for your products.  Try paying for better coders...

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@FilmBizDude Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is not connecting to your network. Please let me know the following details that will help me to determine the cause of the issue: Is your Aria scale showing any error message? What's the make and model of your new network?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

See Below

Greetings and thanks for the reply.

MAKE: Aria 1
MODEL: FB201B

Prior to removing the batteries in order to begin the setup process, there was no error message, only an X above the WiFi symbol indicating it could not connect to my WiFi but it did give me my weight, etc.  But now after removing a battery and putting it back in the scale goes straight to the scrolling Active Setup and if I stand on the scale, I do indeed get an Error message then it goes back to active set up.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue.  My scale stopped syncing, then it started weight inaccurately (very light).  I changed out the batteries and now I can't get out of active set up.  It will not connect to my wifi.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FilmBizDude Thank you for getting back! The information provided is your Aria's model. Please let me know what is the make and model of your router. This info will help me to assist you accordingly. I appreciate your patience and time with this.

@nicoletor Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Since you are also experiencing the same issue, please let me know what is the make and model of your router. Also, let me know if you have made changes to your network (router, router settings or WiFi password).

Keep me posted guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The "Modem" is provided by Shaw Cable and is the XB6 Advanced WiFi Modem Arris TG3482ER3 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FilmBizDude Thank you so much for the information provided. Please make sure that your router runs the protocol 802.11b and your WiFi password is no longer than 31 characters and is alphanumerical only.

If you need help with the protocol change, please contact your Internet service provider. If the settings are correct, let me know and I'll be happy to proceed accordingly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

While I appreciate your help, your continued use of the word "router" is disconcerting: I AM NOT USING A ROUTER! I AM USING A MODEM. My internet signal comes through my MODEM. One uses a router (which gets connected to the modem) when additional ports are required to attached multiple devices... 

Really? 802.11b is an ancient Wi-Fi standard, released in 1999!  Not to mention forcing me to change my password by eliminating the non-alphanumeric characters compromises my network security.  Frankly I am rather alarmed by the conditions to get my Fitbit scale to function.

I will contact my ISP and inform them of this situation. However,  basically the old technology in the Aria Scale is NOT compatible with my 5 GHz Network but my modem also has a 2.4 GHz network and the scale should see that network... it does not.

This archaic procedure will most likely result in the loss of my continued patronage of the FitBit brand...

Best Answer
0 Votes