Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria will not turn off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have one of the original Aria scales (about 3 years old). It suddenly starting staying on, scrolling from Step Off to Sensing. This continues until the batteries are flat. I have tried replacing the batteries, cleaning the battery terminals, resetting the scales but same problem has continued. It appears this is a VERY common problem amongst Aria scale owners, most of whom have said the problem is terminal and cannot be fixed. Surprised to have any problem with a set of scales that cost $200! Please let me know if there is anything which I have not tried that may correct this problem.

Moderator edit: updated label

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

My scale does this. I lift up the back an inch or so, drop it, and the scale resets. 

I've had my Aria a long time, maybe 4+ years. I figure it's getting to the end of its lifespan. I'll wait until it goes kaput before I get a new one, though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks WichitaCindy,

Since my post I tried to do a new setup and still the scales still kept scrolling through the same messages as before. By chance I had to connect to a new Wifi and after doing this, the scale is turning off as normal. There is no logical reason this would help but the scale is working for now. If the problem comes back I will try your trick. Thanks for taking the time to share your solution. After checking when I first used the scales I have found mine are also around the 4 year old mark.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly the fix was short lived. After the next weigh in the scale returned to continuous scrolling message, would not turn off. Tried WichitaCindy's trick but unfortunately didn't work for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the identical problem. It's bad enough that it's draining batteries fairly quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AnneH2225 

I do a similar thing as @WichitaCindy  Once I pick it up a few inches and then set it back down, it seems to reset and begins turning off again.  I have had my original Aria over 5 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes