Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won’t connect to Xfinity Modem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A while back I got a new modem and my Aria will not connect to it. I read through the troubleshooting on here, and made the necessary changes. My password is alphanumeric with no special characters and is set up as 802.11 b,g,n and STILL won’t connect. I haven’t had this scale for even a year and it’s a major hassle. Any other ideas on getting this to work? I’ve already had to get a replacement Charge 2 after 13 months and I’m really not wanting to spend money on the new Aria. It’s really awful that this is being sold knowing how difficult it is to connect to WiFi. 

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120

Hello - I have the same problem.  Has this been resolved, or not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are workarounds but no "fix" for the Aria 1.   See the post dated 7-22 from Gschoen for details.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone gotten this to work?  I just upgraded to Xfinity and now my Aria won't sync either.  😞

Best Answer

No. I tried and tried.  Spent so much time on it and got fed up.  Bought the new then, Aria 2 instead. 

Best Answer
No 😞 my aria is worthless until I switch internet providers 😞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
No. And FitBit isn't going to.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the update promised here in 2018?????

Best Answer

I have atlantic broadband and recently upgraded my modem so need to reconnect to the new IP addess. Jow do i do this?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just "upgraded" to a new higher speed, higher capacity Xfinity modem/wireless gateway, model: "CGM4140COM".

@JuanJoFitbit do we have an update for this. I really don't want to buy a new $100 Fitbit scale just to support my new wireless gateway. Fitbit should be sending in regular updates for its old models

Best Answer

This does NOT work for me 😞 

I tried many times. Can Fitbit put a listing together of what Xfinity routers the Aria won't work with?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What we should do? there is any customer services number? its so hard to find help 😞

Best Answer

I am having the same issue exactly like yours. Did you ever get it to work ? If so , do you mind sharing the workaround. Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve never been able to get it to work. 😢

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Everybody,

I never got this to work so I just went ahead and purchased the Aria 2
scale shortly after. This scale working just fine and I haven't had any
problems with it at all. There's another a newer one that came out fairly
recently but I don't know anything about it.

Hope y'all have a happy day!

Kerri
Best Answer

Will the Aria scale work synced to my cell phone's mifi? That way, I can just turn on my phone as a hotspot for the scale. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't find additional settings anywhere to change frequency to 2.1.

Does this fox still exist?

Best,

Don

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found another solution. I have linked the scale to my phone' hotspot. I now turn my phone's hotspot on when using the scale. 

Best Answer

Does the Aria 2 connect to xfinity?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see these answers are from 2018. Are there any updates on how to fix the syncing feature using xfinity modem. I used the workaround suggested on the forum and it didin't work.

Does fit bit offer an exchange program? If my Aria is too old, maybe I should update it to a newer model?

Best Answer
There is no software solution available. My workaround of turning my cell
phone into a hotspot was the only way I could fix it. I don't think Fitbit
offered any upgrade discount.
Best Answer