Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won't connect to wifi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Aria (1) that appears to be working. It's giving me correct weights; however, when I got to my app on my iPhone 6s using ios 11.0.3 It shows it last synced on 9/19/17 at 12:42 AM.  I have replaced the batteries, tried to sync, tried to reconnect it to the wifi network and I keep getting a setup error and it will not sync - to my iphone or to my macbook pro.  All systems appear to be updated to the most current updates.  I've even tried to set it up as a new Aria.  I also made sure to clear my cache.  Any advice?

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Im having the same problem in the app it wont even tell me its connected to wifi but i know it is

Best Answer

The Aria does not sync to your phone or MacBook. It needs a direct wifi connection to your router and syncs to your Fitbit account via the internet.

By the sounds of it, you will need to go through the setup procedure again, which is unfortunately a bit convoluted but instructions can be found here -> https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria/How-to-Setup-your-Fitbit-Aria/td-p/491940

Best Answer

Yes, it won’t connect to my Wi-Fi. I thought that’s what I had said. It hasn’t synced to my phone since September 19 which apparently was the date that it stopped connecting to my Wi-Fi for some unknown reason. And I have been in contact with fitbit over this and they sent me a link and instructions to reconnect it and still no connection after  performing the steps using both my iPhone and then my MacBook to try to get it to connect.   Maybe tomorrow I will use a PC just rule out it’s not an Apple issue.   It gets to the point of connecting and then says error.  My phone recognizes the Wi-Fi signal the scale puts out as dodd my MacBook.  Meaning it shows up under networks to connect to i. The step where you connect to the Aria. The scale still works. It will still calculate my weight but I cannot get it to connect to my Wi-Fi. Next plan is to call my Internet provider to see if anything has changed on their and with the router that I rent from them. My Internet is working just fine though. And Wi-Fi Throughout our house works fine with all of our other devices except my aria. Kind of coincidental that my aria will no longer connect when fitbit has a new Aria 2 coming out soon.

Best Answer

Do you use Comcast for your internet?

Best Answer

I have been having the same problem and my scale stopped syncing with my wifi at about the same time.  My iphone (also 6s 11.0.3) app shows that the scale is assigned the correct wifi and all my other wifi devices in the house are connecting fine.  I am on Comcast, if that makes any difference.

Best Answer

@DawnDD wrote:

I have been having the same problem and my scale stopped syncing with my wifi at about the same time.  My iphone (also 6s 11.0.3) app shows that the scale is assigned the correct wifi and all my other wifi devices in the house are connecting fine.  I am on Comcast, if that makes any difference.

Yes - it does make a difference and there is a quick fix someone told me about yesterday. Do you know how to login in to your account online to change you wifi password and settings? Another person posted this reply. It was quick and easy and it fixed the connection problem.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria/Troubleshooting-tips-for-Comcast-routers/m-p/2265314/highlight/...

@DeAwna wrote:

Yes, it won’t connect to my Wi-Fi. I thought that’s what I had said. It hasn’t synced to my phone since September 19 which apparently was the date that it stopped connecting to my Wi-Fi for some unknown reason. And I have been in contact with fitbit over this and they sent me a link and instructions to reconnect it and still no connection after  performing the steps using both my iPhone and then my MacBook to try to get it to connect.   Maybe tomorrow I will use a PC just rule out it’s not an Apple issue.   It gets to the point of connecting and then says error.  My phone recognizes the Wi-Fi signal the scale puts out as dodd my MacBook.  Meaning it shows up under networks to connect to i. The step where you connect to the Aria. The scale still works. It will still calculate my weight but I cannot get it to connect to my Wi-Fi. Next plan is to call my Internet provider to see if anything has changed on their and with the router that I rent from them. My Internet is working just fine though. And Wi-Fi Throughout our house works fine with all of our other devices except my aria. Kind of coincidental that my aria will no longer connect when fitbit has a new Aria 2 coming out soon.

If you are on Comcast for your internet check out this person's fix. I did it and it worked. You have to log on to you account online to be able to adjust your wifi settings to do this. It was so simple though! https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria/Troubleshooting-tips-for-Comcast-routers/m-p/2265314/highlight/...

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and found out that it was due to connecting to the wrong wifi. To clarify, my router has 4 different signals: (name 1, name1;5g, name2, and name2;5g). 

When promoted to connect to my home signal after connecting to Aria the list only shows 2 of 4 signals (name1 and name2) without any indication as to wether they are the basic or 5g signals. I selected name1 on the setup and slected name1;5g on my phone afterward and recieved the error message on the scale. 

After trying time and time again I finally selected the basic signal and it worked almost immediately. 

However, this only worked on my mobile device. When reconnecting to my home signal near the end of the setup process my laptop would automatically select name1;5g and any attempt to change would interrupt the signal and thus give me an error as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.

I think they have obsoleted our aria

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, you don't have permission to access this page. Please click here to return to the Fitbit Community.

This is the message I get when I try to access the link you posted.
Best Answer

I think so too - I've had my synched for years and know how to go through setup and start over. Did all the steps, and then it just goes back to 'Setup...' - has anyone been able to contact actual help with this?

Best Answer

I am having the same issues and I am with Verizon not comcast. I also made sure that my router is 802.11b compatible and that I am not trying to log onto a 5g version of the router.... has anyone been able to talk to a FitBit rep about this? I have had trouble getting through... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They have obsoleted the old Arias. You can't connect it
Best Answer
0 Votes

They haven't "obsoleted" the original arias....the original arias work on a 802.11b network....,new routers now work on 802.11 a/g/n/nc.

If you are able to set your router to use the 802.11b protocol then you are lucky and select that one for a workaround. Doesn't seem mine will allow it 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
So it doesn't work..that is obsoleted to me
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried everything numerous times. The only solution is to bin the scales and make sure I won’t buy another Fitbit product. Complete waste of money on an overpriced product to a company that drops its customers when it brings new products out.

Best Answer
That is an excellent summary
Best Answer