Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won't reconnect after change of batteries

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a warning the batteries on my aria were low, so I changed them.   After that it just says "setup active", so I went through the steps to reconnect it.   There is no problem through the step where I connect my computer to the "AriaXXXX" network - that part works fine but as soon as I click the "I'm connected" button I get stuck.   Using my laptop it says "No internet connection", while on my phone it just hangs forever trying to connect to "1.scale.www.fitbit.com".   I have tried removing the batteries and then trying again a few minutes later (and even tried a second set of batteries just in case) but it's always the same.    This is the same wifi network, modem, location in the house, etc that was working fine an hour ago before changing the batteries.  

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

@kwhyte I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your network. I want to follow up on this and would like to know if the issue persists or if your scale could be set up properly.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem.  Can someone help.

Best Answer

Did this ever get sorted as I have the same problem?

Best Answer

Same problem! It’s so annoying! Im

jury going to give up trying 

Best Answer

All I see on here are platitudes from the moderator, but no answers to actually solving the problem... it's so annoying!!

Best Answer

@zggb0b yes I agree! All very well welcoming to the community but if it doesn’t provide answers what’s the point! 

Best Answer

@kwhyte wrote:

I got a warning the batteries on my aria were low, so I changed them.   After that it just says "setup active", so I went through the steps to reconnect it.   There is no problem through the step where I connect my computer to the "AriaXXXX" network - that part works fine but as soon as I click the "I'm connected" button I get stuck.   Using my laptop it says "No internet connection", while on my phone it just hangs forever trying to connect to "1.scale.www.fitbit.com".   I have tried removing the batteries and then trying again a few minutes later (and even tried a second set of batteries just in case) but it's always the same.    This is the same wifi network, modem, location in the house, etc that was working fine an hour ago before changing the batteries.  

This exactly my situation and I still haven't been able to resolve it.   Did you manage to get any joy in getting it to work again?

Best Answer

Same problem here. I spoke to a gal who (and unbeknown to herself) had NO idea what she was talking about. I only want to sync my aria to my laptop but she wanted me to take a photo of my settings she could send it to their 'investigation team' but couldn't tell me what she meant and also wanted me to call my service provider and tell them what was going on. My Aria scale is clearly picking up the wifi signal because it shows 'wifi' on the scale screen but it does not record my weight on the laptop like has always done. Can anybody help??

Best Answer

Well... here's the latest update on my first generation Aria.  I had taken the batteries out a couple of days ago, so I put them back in last night, and hey presto... the scales came back to life!   NO SETUP ACTIVE displayed. Wifi ID came up as normal and then the display went blank... stood on the scales and they functioned normally.   Now... is that flakey or not?   I can only suggest that patience maybe the only solution in trying to get them to work... certainly speaking to anybody connected to Fitbit is a total waste of time.  

Best Answer

Hi @vvssff @zggb0b @RoloB @VERSEMASTER! I totally understand why you are frustrated as your Aria scales are not connecting to your networks. I want to follow up on this and would like to know what is the make and model of your routers and if you guys are getting any error message besides "No Internet Connection. This information will help me to proceed accordingly.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria worked fine for years in feeding my laptop my weight whenever I weighed myself. Recently I changed internet providers and my weight stopped being displayed on my laptop. i followed the instructions on the Fit Bit site by removing and replacing the batteries which did not help; I then installed new batteries but it still didn't feed my laptop. My scale screen shows "WiFi" so it has to be picking up the signal but doesn't transfer the weight to my laptop. I love the scale but this is annoying. What compounded my annoyance was the Fit Bit 'tech girl' I spoke to; she clearly knew nothing about my problem but seemed content to send me on wild goose chases. (See my prior post).

Any suggestions? Let me know somehow if you reply to this post.

Thnx

JD

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see a number of people have had the same issue and that no one has been able to get a response from fitbit with any substance.   I want to share that this continues to be my experience to this day.    The good news is that the scale does sometimes work - unpredictably it will decide to communicate with the network.  The less good news is that equally unpredictably it will decide to stop.    

The truly bad news is that no one from fitbit has offered anything : nothing else to try, no software update, no offer of a replacement scale, no explanation for why this is not fixable, no assurance that are working to find a solution, not even that they know about the issue but have given up on fixing it - just silence.  

I have given up.   I can’t decide if I think that they aren’t listening (excluding almost robotic replies without substance) or that they know exactly what is wrong but can’t fix it short of giving people new hardware that they can’t afford/won’t pay for.    

The other wifi scales don’t seem any better, I have gone back to recording daily measurements myself by hand.  I don’t understand why doing this via wifi reliably and at a price point people will support is impossible, but all the scales I’ve looked at suggest that is the case.

Maybe in a few years things will change that, but fitbit’s approach to customer service has guaranteed that I will look somewhere else when that time comes. 

Best Answer

@VERSEMASTER @kwhyte Thank you for getting back guys! I definitely understand how frustrating this is for you. However, I want to follow up and need some information from your networks so I can proceed accordingly. Please let me know what is the make and model of your routers. In the meantime, reset your routers. After this, try the setup process one more time as described in this help article.

Catch you both later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My scale started doing this today. I changed my password on my wifi, so I needed to change it on the scale too. I've never had issues in the past, but today I can't get past the connect to AriaXXXXXXX part. I keep getting the "We can’t connect to the server at 1.scale.www.fitbit.com." I tried on my laptop, phone, and ipad. Nothing.

Since this has been happening to a lot of people with no response from Fitbit. I guess I'm just going to get a cheap scale, and enter my weight into LoseIt. Manually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you send me an email I will send you the instructions they sent me which worked. My only problem now is that the Fat % is displaying about 7% higher than the accurate one at the gym. I need to calibrate it but the gal who sent me the instructions doesn’t respond now.
JD
Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solution!

This is what worked for me with Aria 1.

1.scale.www.fitbit.com is an alias but it does not work correctly. It should be pointing to 192.168.240.1 when you switch to the Aria AP but the Aria device does not seem to be resolving that DNS to 192.168.240. My guess would be the hostname changed from the setup website and the firmware on the device. After this connect and updating firmware this might not be an issue but I haven't checked.

If you are on the Aria AP, you can go to that IP and it should load the wifi configuration. You won't be able to complete because the site is looking for a token cookie that was added during the web setup and is attached to the hostname.

TLDR; All you need to do is add a hostname record. Warning!! Please be careful when editing this file. It's important. If you are not sure what the instructions mean, probably don't try it.

Mac OSX:

1) Open terminal. 

2) Type: sudo nano /etc/hosts

3) Add line at the bottom of file: 192.168.240.1 1.scale.www.fitbit.com

4) Exit nano with CTRL+x

5) Follow setup instructions at: https://www.fitbit.com/setup/aria

Windows:

1) Open with notepad: c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

2) Add line at the bottom of file: 192.168.240.1 1.scale.www.fitbit.com

3) Save and exit notepad

4) Follow setup instructions at: https://www.fitbit.com/setup/aria

After everything is all setup and complete. Go back to the hosts file and delete that record!

Best Answer

@cmendes0101 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Thank you so much for sharing this information. I appreciate your contribution. I'm pretty sure that this will help other users that experience the same issue.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey,

Finally got around to doing this, and IT WORKED! Thanks for the help! Fitbit tech support said it was broken, and it couldn't be fixed. We spent like an hour and a help, and not once did the person even mention this fix.

Thanks again,

Best Answer

@Madmoose I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Aria scale connected after following the workaround that was shared above. Thank you for posting the update here.

Have you heard about our Discussions board? In this board you''ll be able to tell your stories, meet more people and start your own topics.

Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes