Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won't sync to upgraded Cox Gigablast networ

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I upgraded to Cox Gigablast, and find that my Aria won't sync. I named my network identical to before, and also used the same password, to make reconnecting devices easier, but didn't seem to help with the Aria. I've tried the various setup and reset processes outlined to no avail. I've got model FB201B. Help, please.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, tried to connect using phone first. No way to update wifi on app, so tried in chrome, didn't work. Tried again using my home computer, got to a screen where you select the wifi network, but for some reason my network wasn't listed (only the printer), so manually entered. Aria seemed to change messages to Network Detected, but never connected. Tried with my work laptop, same story. Gets to a Connecting Screen, and eventually says set up didn't complete, try again. Very frustrating.

Yes, tried to connect using phone first. No way to update wifi on app, so tried in chrome, didn't work. Tried again using my home computer, got to a screen where you select the wifi network, but for some reason my network wasn't listed (only the printer), so manually entered. Aria seemed to change messages to Network Detected, but never connected. Tried with my work laptop, same story. Gets to a Connecting Screen, and eventually says set up didn't complete, try again. Very frustrating.

Okay, I tried again today. I deleted the current Aria, and started from scratch again, this time it worked, I am back in business!

Okay, I tried again today. I deleted the current Aria, and started from scratch again, this time it worked, I am back in business!

Moderator edit: merged replies

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Sorry @ostatekim but the FB 201B is the Aria scale, not your router?

Which version wifi does the router use? Sorry the Aria it needs to be 802.11b

Best Answer

Sorry, I've got the Cox supplied modem, which is DTC4141. According to Cox it is 802.11b compatible. Just tried again, SETUP ACTIVE, connected to ARIA on my phone, still won't connect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

May I ask do you have an Aria 1 or the Aria 2?

The ArIa 1 gets set up through the wifi and the Aria 2 gets setup through Bluetooth.

With the Aria the phone needs to log in to the scale, either through the app or directly through a web page, to setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Aria 1. I connected the phone to the Aria through the WIFI function on my phone, but that didn't work. I haven't tried to connect through the web, how do I do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the router has changed let's look at this Fitbit help doc 

Note: If you're trying to set up your Aria again after making changes to your network, see How do I reconnect my scale to my wireless network?

Ok, when you connected the phone to the Aria you say it did not work.

Where you using the Fitbit app?

Did you get an error message?

You say that it did not work, but at what step did it fail?

As for the web setup go to https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

How were you able to “delete” your Aria?  I have so many hours and attempts trying to connect to a new network I’m so frustrated...

please help. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason I couldn't do it on the web or on the computer app, but was finally able to do it on my phone. I had also done a reset on the Aria along the way, not sure if that played a role, but it did finally get me there!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I figured out how to delete my aria ... I’m using my phone ( moved new router ) but when the list of networks comes up mine does not. Even if I type it in says not found ☹️
Thanks for reply

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad you brought that up, that was actually another thing, I couldn't get it reconnected on the phone, only on my laptop through the web.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ostatekim @Cyn26 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Thank you for sharing the steps you took in order to get the Aria scale get the issue resolved. I'm sorry for any inconvenience you experienced with it and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help my friend @Rich_Laue!

See you guys around!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Did you figure out a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason I couldn't do it on the web or on the computer app, but was finally able to do it on my phone. I had also done a reset on the Aria along the way, not sure if that played a role, but it did finally get me there!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive tried those steps over and over again and still can't get my scale connected to the new cox gigablast router/modem

Best Answer
0 Votes