Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won't turn off; it's constantly sensing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had the Aria for a little over 2 years now. Lately, I'll walk in my kitchen & notice it is constantly "sensing" and try to read (though no one is on the scale) and does not go to sleep.

I've changed the batteries, but now it looks as if I'll have to go through more batteries since it's draining them from not turning off.

Surely the Aria could last more than 2 years? Very disappointed.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Bar9419. I'm glad to see you in the Community! 🙂

You mentioned that you have already removed the batteries and replaced them so the only thing I could suggest at this point would be to get in touch with the Support Team directly as it seems there might be something wrong with the sensors. I'm sure they will do their best to get you back on track!

Let me know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Hey there @Bar9419. I'm glad to see you in the Community! 🙂

You mentioned that you have already removed the batteries and replaced them so the only thing I could suggest at this point would be to get in touch with the Support Team directly as it seems there might be something wrong with the sensors. I'm sure they will do their best to get you back on track!

Let me know if you need anything else!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same problem
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here also, scale is kill batteries in about a month. Does anyone have a solution? Scale is about 3 years old? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @ralle @Philip314, welcome to the Community! 🙂

I'd say, please get in touch with out Support Team for them to take a look into this if you have already removed the batteries and put them back in.

@Philip314, in your situation, the warranty is for one year but it would still be worth speaking with the supoort dept to see of they can take a deeper look into this.

Anything else, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem then died, has anyone had a solution or is it bin and buy a new one. very poor life

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have since discovered that the scale is very sensitive to the warm moisture which is often found in a bathroom. Try to place it in another and dry room for a perieode to test it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
We are in saudi no moisture
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you in the Community guys @jfr142 @ralle!

@jfr142, at this point, I would recommend getting in touch with the Support Team for them to take a look and help you get back on track.

Let me know if you need more help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same issue. Worked fine for a year or so. Now constantly goes into sensing mode and drains batteries. Only way we can make it work at all is remove one battery and replace it before weighing and then remove again. My wife wants me to throw it away!

This seems a common issue on this board. Surely the company should be doing something on this as these were not cheap scales.

Best Answer
They won't they say buy a new one
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is this marked as a solution?

Best Answer

Same problem here. It started saying "STEP ON" constantly draining the batteries. This product has worked for about 2 to 3 years, and started giving several problems like losing connection to WiFi, and now this. I had to reset it a couple of time in this tenure. Not satisfied with the purchase. I don't put too much weight onto the scale to break it. I think the maximum it ever weighed is 225 lbs +/- 25 lbs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I see that this is a common issue. Common enough to have the solution ready for your customers and not wasting their time or the FITBIT personel time to solve this issue.

Best Answer

Came here looking for a solution to the same issue. How has anyone been responded to by the support email? Is it ready for the bin?

Best Answer

Having the same problem, I just talked with tech support. They tried to reset the scale and then *recommended buying a new one*. Mine is 3 years old. No discount, no help. Just toss it and buy a new one.

I would expect such an expensive scale to last a bit longer....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its a problem all over their different forum.  The answer is to purchase a new one.  Although quite a few customers have their replaced with the same problem.  They are just 'picking' who is the lucky one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the problem was a broken plastic piece just under the feet. Someone was kind enough to make a model you can 3d print. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2988535
If you don’t have a 3d printer a lot of libraries are getting them. 

Best Answer

I'm having this problem, and considering replacing my ~4-year old Aria.

AA batteries are about 50¢ each - $2 to replace all four.

"G" brand wifi scale replacement = $150.

Breakeven point is 75 replacements of all four batteries.

If battery replacement is every month, the payback period is 6 years.

I guess I'll just live with the battery drainage.

Best Answer
0 Votes