Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won't turn off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria is 3 years old.  About 2 weeks ago, it began to stay on all the time.  It won't turn off unless the batteries are removed.  It cycles over a over with "step up".  I contacted Herber on the Chat line and he says there is nothing he can do.  Really?  Anyone know how to fix it?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Mine has been doing the same thing for the last several weeks. Software update??

Best Answer

I started having the same issues over a month ago...  What are we supposed to do?

Best Answer
Unfortunately, I had a very long text chat with someone from aria and fit bit. Since my scale was more than a year old the warranty was no longer in effect. And I learned there’s absolutely nothing they can or are willing to do. My scale is now piece of junk. And I’ll never buy another one.Wish I had better news. I’ve always been able to work with them quite successfully. But not this time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Crap....That is too bad...I guess I won’t waste my time?

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope. Not the least bit flexible. We own a piece of junk now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitman3828 I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale stopped working. I'm also sorry to hear that it's no longer under warranty. The warranty period is good for 365 days. I totally understand your frustration and how you feel about this. Your feedback will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

@ardina @Fitman3828 Thank you for joining us in this thread and the Fitbit Community! I'd like to follow up and would like you to try some troubleshooting steps for this issue. Please take out the 4 batteries and clean the contacts or springs of the scale with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. This will remove any dust from the contacts that can be affecting the scales. After this, put the batteries back in and monitor your scales for the next 48 hours and see if they stop turning on by themselves.

Keep me posted if you have any doubts guys!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scale has had issues since the 1 year mark ended and it has continued for years now.  I just have to replace the batteries often because there is no help after warranty even though this problem seems to affect many customers.  Don’t buy this scale and instead fine one that is compatible with other fitness apps you use 

Best Answer

@Terps2002 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that you need to replace the batteries often and your Aria is no longer under warranty. I know how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

ongoing issue since 2016. Odd that it seems many scales do this in unison. Often crops up in the spring.

i'm having the same issue: older scale, suddenly won't turn off, won't stop, burning through batteries. Gone through all the checklists.

fitbit, where are you?

Please don't patronize us.. 

You have no intention of helping us with this ongoing chronic issue. People have complained about for years.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem (my scale is bout 3 years old). I went through several packs of batteries before I came to this forum. I tired the suggestion to clean the contacts with alcohol and this worked for me. Thank you!

Best Answer

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes