Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won’t turn off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria runs almost all the time and won't turn off.   It switches between different messages such as "please step on" to "sensing" and “thinking” and others when no one is in the room.  It does occasionally stop but not for long.  It eventually wears its batteries down doing this within a few days.

I've tried cleaning off the deck and changing batteries but can’t keep putting in new batteries every few days.

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem with my Aria? It was gifted to me as a birthday present in 2014. I really like it but this issue is frustrating me. Please help.

Moderator edit: updated label

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Same annoying problem...is there a way to put aria to sleep?

Replacing batteries every 1-2 weeks.....

Best Answer

Same problem here

Best Answer

Also having this issue

Best Answer

I am ready to put this in the trash. I am spending more money on batteries. I like the look of the scale. Can you disable wifi and just use this as an old fashion scale

Best Answer

Exact same problem for me. Unfortunately Fitbit doesn’t seem to have a solution...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you been able to fix the problem?  If so please let me have the solution

Best Answer
0 Votes

No...bought a weight watchers scale...now upload data manually. Stupid Aria!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, my scales exactly the same - would like to hear something from Fitbit but they dont care about their older customers.  I've had other issues in the past and they just dont respond, or respond very slowly.  I would be tempted to upgrade to a later version if they had a valid reason for why the original version has clapped out after 3-4 years - but there's just no way to get an answer from them!!  Time to try Xiaomi, I think...

Best Answer

I have the same issue. 

The problem is that the 4 foot pads are sensors that have the turn on switch integrated into them and use the plastic structure as the return spring and in my case 2 of them are broken. 

I replaced the scale with the Air , WHAT A MISTAKE that is, don't do it not worth the hassle 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have found that a cleaner used for circuit boards and contacts helped to
rectify the problem of Aria not switching off. I lightly sprayed each of
the four supporting legs of Aria with the cleaner, and this did the trick;
Aria has been working well ever since.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Already threw it away and bought a different brand. Not using charge 4 anymore either...can't read it while seimming or working out...shuts off too quickly. Fitbit has lost another customer
Best Answer
0 Votes