Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria2 won't accept wifi password

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just purchased Aria2 to go along with my new tracker.  Trying to setup the device using the iOS app (updated to the latest version).  Aria2 won't accept the password for the wifi.  A google search shows this is a pervasive problem.  This is embarrassing.  First, why does the scale even require a wifi setup?  if it can connect to a smartphone (and hence the app) via bluetooth that should be all that's required.  Second, when will fitbit officially acknowledge the problem, offer a fix or recall the product altogether?  I'll probably return the scale (and maybe even the tracker), which is a shame and a waste of my time.

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

@SunsetRunner I'm sorry to hear that you returned the Aria scale to Amazon. I totally understand your frustration about this and your feedback will be sent to the rest of our team.

I'll be around if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just tested my Aria 2 and my Versa with my network and used the following password:

1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm1234567890qwertyuiop!@#$

This is a 60 character alphanumeric passcode with special characters. Both devices took the password just fine and connected to the network. The recommendation to keep passwords under 30 characters and not to use special symbols doesn't seem to carry any weight.

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shwalamazula Thanks a lot for your tips and advice! This will be helpful to other users.

I'll be around if any assistance is needed my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue! I’ll probably have to return it. I HATE returning it. I was so looking forward to using it but the instructions are so sketchy I give up. Someone needs to learn to create instructions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jadar4117 I'm sorry to hear that you planned to return your scale. I appreciate your feedback and this info will be sent to the rest of our team.

Don't hesitate to get back if you have more questions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem out of box won't accept password 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mchakansky Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that the password is not being accepted when setting up your Aria 2. I want to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria could be set up properly.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was a test password for use in confirming the character limit for the device. This password was only in use for the time of the test. Could you please return the post to its original content? The password was posted purposefully to show that the password was alphanumeric with special characters and well past the 30-character recommendation that keeps coming up in the forum.

Best Answer

@Shwalamazula Thank you for bringing this up as you may already know that we don't allow any type of personal information in the Community forums but due to the nature of the situation I will allow the original content of your post for this one time.

Let me know if you need anything else! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Has engineering come up with a solution yet?

Best Answer

@Shwalamazula It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Regarding your inquiry, the password can contain special characters. However, the password must not exceed 32 characters. Now, following up on your case, are you still getting any error message when entering your password? Please provide a screenshot of the page that shows the error, if this is correct.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I eventually got it to work. To be honest I’m not sure what I did. It’s been a long time ago now.

I just kept messing with it and it finally worked. It’s been a long while ago so I’m not even sure what we did. Thanks

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jadar4117 I'm so glad to hear that you resolved the issue. Thank you so much for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I said in my root cause investigation post, when I upgraded my router, all issues were resolved. I still have the router (stock) that caused the issues. Just for fun, I swapped my routers this weekend and the issue is still there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same router ASUS RT-AC1200.

And the same problem.

It connects once, and if you reset the scales password.

And ocassionally it works.  I might try and get another router with similiar features that also works with it.

Anyone have suggestions for routers that work that have 2G and 5G.

Also if you have to have specific passwords, and ID's, can you spell it out in the documentation?

Along with warnings with this product and the ASUS RT-AC1200

It has been very frustrating, and I love fitbit, but this is a bad experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes
RT-AC87U

I needed a better router anyway. Still miffed that there has been no
progress on this. Maybe I'm complaining to the wrong people.

As long as your password is less than 64 characters, you'll be fine.
Special characters will not mess things up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shwalamazula Thank you for the clarification. I was a little bit confused. Don't hesitate to get back if you see something unusual between the connectivity of your Aria 2 and the new router and I'll be happy to follow up.

@JasonH333 Thank you for getting back! I want to help you in order to turn that bad experience into a good experience. Please let me know the following details: Is your Aria showing any error message? Is your WiFi password alphanumerical or does it contain special characters? How many digits does your password have?

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my option is greatly reduce my network security and use the scale, or return it? Fitbit is not capable of building a WiFi interface to the multi decade old rfc and I'm supposed to trust you with my personal data? Lol. Terrifying.

To be clear, I had to reduce my 19 character alpha numeric to a 9 character alpha numeric, after already removing my special characters. I'm not sure if it is worth putting the device on a dmz router since Fitbit doesn't seem to care about security... I'm a bit nervous letting you hold my PII. Is there a firmware patch coming?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Amidda Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I totally understand that you don't want to reduce the digits of your WiFi password. Despite the special characters, you can have your password alphanumerical as long as it's no longer than 32 characters you can have a longer password so it's more secure.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, I am considering buying an Aria 2 but this thread is scary.  Support seems really bad with "JuanJoFitBit" just spitting out repeated canned responses that provide no help.

"Hope to see you all later!"  (LOL)

Best Answer