Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria2 won't accept wifi password

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just purchased Aria2 to go along with my new tracker.  Trying to setup the device using the iOS app (updated to the latest version).  Aria2 won't accept the password for the wifi.  A google search shows this is a pervasive problem.  This is embarrassing.  First, why does the scale even require a wifi setup?  if it can connect to a smartphone (and hence the app) via bluetooth that should be all that's required.  Second, when will fitbit officially acknowledge the problem, offer a fix or recall the product altogether?  I'll probably return the scale (and maybe even the tracker), which is a shame and a waste of my time.

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

@mcg123 Your feedback is appreciated. I understand that my responses have been repetitive. However, I'll be happy to do my best and assist you if you need help.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Have the RT-AC1200 as well with the exact same problem. Were you able to resolve it with that router or did you have to get a new one? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@blockpardi Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is not connecting to your RT-AC1200 router. I'd like you to make sure that your router complies with the following settings:

• 802.11b/g/n frequency setting
  • WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security
  • Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configurations are not supported)
  • Both the network name and password must be no more than 32 characters long
  • Bandwidth 2.4 GHz

These settings can be verified with your Internet service provider.

After this, try the setup process as described in this help article.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
No, I was not. I ended up upgrading my router and everything was fixed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I tried all those "standard" fixes, several times actually and including resetting the scale. Nothing worked. But something Shwalamazula said got me curious. The RT-AC1200 is dual band, and I wondered if that was screwing things up with the scale (it shouldn't by the way, but it clearly wasn't working like it should.) So what I did was, leaving everything else the same, I made sure each band used different frequency ranges. For 2.5 GHz I set it to 20/40 MHz.

Annotation 2018-12-31 182200.png

And for 5GHz I set it to 80MHz. 

Annotation 2018-12-31 182201.png

That seems to have did the trick. Been working for over a day now. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if anything changes.

Seems like a software problem. Not good, but hopefully Fitbit can find a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shwalamazula @blockpardi I'm so glad to hear that you guys managed to get this issue resolved and your scales are working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here and sharing the steps you guys followed. I'm sure that this will help other users that experience the same issue.

I'd like to invite you guys to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you both in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Thank you for the invite but the issue was only resolved by replacing an
otherwise perfectly functioning router. If there is a way to get into
contact with quality or engineering, I would gladly donate the router so
engineering can figure out the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shwalamazula I appreciate your contribution and your feedback. Regarding your request, I'll send your case to our Support team and they will provide more information if this can be done.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Answer

We have an Aria scale and have wasted so much of our personal time trying to get the Aria scale to connect to networks.  It is amazing how simple it is to use fitbits and how difficult it is to use Aria scales.  

We have an Aria that we bring back and forth between our two homes.  We have used it for a couple of years and always have had issues trying to get it to connect to the network at either of the houses.  After about an hour and calls to fitbit, we finally get it done.

Unfortunately we have now struck out on today's 90 minutes attempt.  It appears a change was made where our 2.4 ghz network password will no longer be accepted because it is all numeric characters.  This is the same network / router / password that worked just 9 months ago in March 2018, but the Aria will no longer connect to it and gets a wifi error.  

Can fitbit make these Arias any more difficult to work with????

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found out it was a setting in my wifi network set up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@West57 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the time you've spent trying to get your Aria scale connected. Please let me know what is the model of your Aria scale. You can see the differences listed in this post. Also, let me know what is the make and model of your router. This info will help me to assist you accordingly.

@cindysalon Welcome to our Fitbit Community! In order to avoid any misunderstanding on my end, I would like to follow up and would like to know if your Aria is working properly now.

See you both later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
JuanJoFitbit,

We have the Aria scale. The make and model of my router is Arris TG1682G - it is supplied by my cable service - Comcast Xfinity.
Although we have been able to set up the Aria on this exact router in the past, Fitbit must have made a change as we were told by Fitbit support that the router cannot have an all numeric password and link to the Aria. Very frustrating. We finally gave up and the Aria is now collecting dust.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I'm back to square one. Worked for a few days then suddenly it didn't. Now I can't get the scale to connect no matter what I do. Very very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@West57 Thank you for letting us know the make and model of your router. Our team is aware of this and are looking into this with Xfinity routers. Once a solution is available, we'll make sure to post it in the Community. I truly understand how frustrating this is and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

@blockpardi Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our case to our Customer Service department and they'll be happy to follow up. You will receive an email soon.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

So I determined it was my wireless access point that was causing the problem. For some reason the Aria doesn't like it (it's an ASUS RT-AC1200). So what I did was get a cheap range extender like this one, and that seems to have solved it. Connected immediately and been working flawlessly ever since. Not great that I needed more hardware, but a ~$30 fix was better than having to replace the router. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@blockpardi I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Aria 2 set up using an extender. Thank you for posting the update here and sharing the steps taken.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kate, 

You keep saying the same things over and over and over again. We are here looking for a fix to why our scale wont accept our password. We have tried everything but bounce on our head and spit nicklea and the set up stills says our password is wrong. Is there, or is there not a fix to this problem?

Have you tried banging your head against the wall, because that is my next option!. Pricey scale that doesn't work.... yay

Every single person before this post has said the same thing.

You haven't assisted anyone or fixed the problem...

How many months does one have to have a problem before someone can get the actual solution.... asking for a friend

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fedupwithf-tb-t Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response and I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 doesn't accept your password. Please make sure that your WiFi password doesn't have more than 31 characters.

Please provide a screenshot of the page that is telling you that the password is wrong (You can find the instructions to add your screenshot to your posts here) This information will help me to determine the cause of the issue.

In the meantime, check out and make sure that you are following the setup instructions as described in this help article.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
The 31 character suggestion has been proven to be false. That advice
shouldn't be given as part of this troubleshooting.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shwalamazula Thank you for joining us in this thread! I appreciate your feedback.

I'd like to follow up and would like to know if you are experiencing the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes