Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being able to sync Aria Air on Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Aria Air scale is able to automatically log your weight in Fitbit app for users with iPhone without problem. Many Android users though need to force quit their Fitbit app to get the weight to feature to kick in after being away from the scale when getting home.

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

At the very least it should be advertised that this only syncs to iPhone as described because noone wants to reconnect the scale every time they use it. I just bought it and am greatly disappointed.

Best Answer

I´ve been i contact with support so many times regarding this scale and sync issues. This post that you have replied to is actually created by a Fitbit administrator based on text i used for creating a "feature request" for the development team to acknowledge this as a serious problem. Feature requests are posted here and is not part of the forum threads. What the administrator did was simply to cancel my feature request and create a new post among all the other similar ones.

It seems to me that this scale has serious issues and sometimes works and sometime not. It mostly works for iPhone users but It happens to them as well (I have both Android and iPhone and have tested with mixed results on both) but not that often. If it´s the scale, bluetooth, android or iphones is hard to tell. The only thing we as users gets are standard answers like "try reset your scale, read this article bla bla bla).

Instead of writing in this post. Go here. 

Best Answer

Reply from support January 7th 2023

----

Thanks. We verified that this is a known issue, and we're currently working to resolve this issue and hope to have a fix soon. In the meantime, we recommend keeping your Fitbit device and app up-to-date. Thanks for your patience while we work to get you back on track, and let us know if you have any other questions.

----end quote 

Does anyone know for how long this has been an issue? 

Hopefully the Dev team will fix this. Let's hope for the best.

Best Answer

Quick bit of info that may help (I'm going to post this to the other topics concerned with sync issues) - I recently purchased a FitBit and the Aria Air - initially I kept getting intermittent connects, suffering the same kind of issues stated in this thread and had to go through the steps described elsewhere for resolution (basically a full re-install). However, I've found that, in my case, just going to "Today" on the phone app before stepping on the scales isn't enough - you have to also go into the "weight" tile (where it has a pic stating "Sync your Weight" and "Step onto Aria Air to get started") and THEN it works when you step on the scale and has worked consistently for me over 3 weeks of testing.

Hope that helps, if I made you smile today its been a good day 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been doing the same thing and it doesn't work. I have to repair it every morning on my android device. 

Fitbit, can we please get an update to why your hardware isn't syncing with your software? What is going on?

Best Answer

Not working unfortunately 😔 Same issue still.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung Android and Pixel Watch and just purchased the Aria Air. I have been going to the weight area figuring that's where I should be to sync weight - and it has NOT worked for me except for the first time, which is not in the morning when I usually weight myself. When I tried the next morning it would not sync, so I deleted the scale from my Fitbit app on the phone and tried to sync again and was told I needed to be invited - so I had to reset the scale. Additionally, I invited my husband and he gets an error every time he tries to use the link in the email - I'm not even sure if he is setup properly. Does this scale get confused because of multiple users all with Bluetooth connecting to it? My husband likes it because it looks cool, but I feel like I just wasted $40 since we had a perfectly functional scale before.

Best Answer

insane not sure why but today the fitbit actually synced without having to resync. it hasn't worked for 4 days in a row but now it randomly has.....

was there an update I missed? let's see if this works tomorrow morning also 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

**Update #2** Maybe I jinxed it, but since my last update it has NOT been syncing again. Four days now and no connection between the Fitbit app and the scale. Disappointing.

**Update** Three days in a row with the scale syncing to the app since the update that just downloaded on 1/17/2023. Appears it may have been released on 1/4 but my phone just updated it.

Yesterday morning I woke up with my watch not syncing to the Fitbit app and I needed to update the app. I did that first thing when I woke up and left the phone open to the app. I then went and weighed myself in another room. When I came back to my phone to manually enter the weight, it had picked up from the scale. Today I had an update to my watch and again opened the Fitbit app and weighed myself - and it worked a second time. I think the Fitbit app update I just received may have resolved the issue.

Best Answer

So I can say that it was working for 3 days in a row. However, today the app and the scale are not talking. Nothing has changed either so I'm not sure what went wrong. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got an Aria Air rather than another scale that claimed it worked with the Fitbit app thinking if it's made by Fitbit, it has to work better.  Well, I've had the same problem that's identified on this thread - the only way it'll work is to force stop the Fitbit app.  The sad part is that I should have looked on this forum before buying it - this has been going on for more than a year!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory Reset

1. On the back of Aria Air, touch and hold the button for 5 seconds. The display flashes otA.
  2. Touch and hold the button for another 5 seconds, until the display shows clr.
  3. Your scale is reset.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this. No joy. The only thing that has worked for me consistently is force stopping the FitBit app on my phone and then weighing.

Best Answer

Have you tried clearing the cache after stopping the application?

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is a known issue for years now my friends. 

At this point Google is the one who manages this and they have shown they don't care about this at the moment. Most likely you will see a huge shift in the way this app works in the coming months since they are removing features and "plan" to add others. 

I suggest just getting in the routine of adding the weight yourself and not stress about it, because Google isn't

Best Answer

I did this yesterday. Of course it worked because of the inclusion of the force stop of the app which I found to work consistently. Without doing these steps, it worked today. So, this appears to have solved the problem. But, since the cache needed to be cleared, does it mean I'll have to do this every once I awhile? I guess time will tell... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! After stopping the application and clearing the cache, the application works with less failures and relatively tolerably. I really hope that Google will solve all the troubles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I'm glad it helped you for a while. It will be necessary to repeat from time to time, but nevertheless it solves the situation. I hope that soon we will be pleased with updates that will solve all the inconveniences of creating a fitbit company

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes